21

"Where should we put the body?" Pintel gruffly asked Evelyn. Evelyn wanted to give him a look but was too tired to do so. Pintel held Will under his arms while Ragetti stood in between Will's ankles to hold on to his calves. Will's unconscious swayed side to side as the pirates holding him each took a step. Evelyn stopped walking and turned around causing the men to halt in their steps and Will to swing violently for a few seconds.

"Just lay him down on the ground I can take it from here." Evelyn replied softly. She slowly lowered herself on the deck of the Pearl, tucking her legs underneath her as she watched through her eyelashes as the men laid down her unconscious betrothed. A sigh passed her lips as she looked down at him. She waited until the two men walked away before scooting herself closer to Will's head. Carefully, she lifted his head and placed it down on her lap. She studied his sleeping facial features, noticing how peaceful and relaxed he looked. A small smile curled on her lips. Lifting up her hand, she reached up to gently pushed the wet hairs off of his face before sliding her hand down his cheek to caress his face with the back of her fingers. Slowly Will's eyes started to peel open. Evelyn felt a weight being lifted off her chest realizing he was alive and okay. She breathed out through her nose causing his brown eyes to flicker to her. A sweet smile curled up on her pink lips.

Will mirrored her smile. His eyes flickered all across her face until they landed back on her eyes. His smile shortly after began to fade off of his face as his thoughts clouded his mind. "What happened to the chest?"

Her stomach dropped slightly at the first sentence he decided to say. "Norrington took it to draw them off." Evelyn replied, her smile fading off of her face as well. She bit her lip and dropped her gaze from his, looking across the deck as pirate casually returned to their work. A slowly reached up to lazily cup her cheek, turning her attention back to Will. They both struggled with words to say and who should speak first.

'I missed you.' Evelyn wanted to say.

'I love you.' Evelyn needed to say.

Shouting voices cut their stare and interrupted their moment. The two looked over at Pintel and Ragetti pulling on ropes. "You're pulling to hard!" Shouted Pintel.

"You ain't pulling hard enough!" Ragetti fired back.

Shaking her head, Evelyn rolled her eyes at them both and turned her head to look back at Will. "Are you alright?" Evelyn's voice was still soft. Her exhaustion started to fade away but she still was tired. All she wanted to do was curl up with her love and fall asleep, safe and sound in his arms.

"Yes, I'm fine." Will replied uneasy. He slowly sat up and winced, reaching hand up to cup the back of his head. "It's just my head that's all." Evelyn sat on her knees and reached to cup the back of his head, looking around for anything worrisome. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she looked at his head. Will turned his head to look at her, slowly lowering his hand. "Evelyn, I-" Will's words were instantly cut off by the crashing of ocean water. Instantly, the two snapped their head in the direction of the noise. The Flying Dutchman appeared from the oceans surface causing a massive freak out between all the pirates throughout the ship. Evelyn and Will pushed themselves off the ground, looking off at the ghostly ship beside the Black Pearl. A gasp passed Evelyn's lips as she eyed the growling, misshapen pirates directly across from her. She felt Will's arm slip around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Oi! Fishface!" Jack's voice rang throughout the ship. The intense tension was cut just like that. Everyone turned to look up at Jack, holding his jar of dirt over his head. "Lose something? Eh? Scrungilli!" He began stumbling sideways until he fell and rolled down the stairs, hitting the deck of the ship hard. Sounds of pain mumbled through the crew. Evelyn winced deeply and exchanged painful looks with Will, who mirrored her face. Laying on the ground, Jack held up the jar of dirt to show it was safe. "Got it!" He stood up and began to walk down his ship, continuing his taunt to Davy Jones. "Come to negotiate, eh, have you, you slimy git? Look what I got." He motioned to the jar. Evelyn and Will looked at Jack in complete and utter confusion along with both pirate crews. "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt. And guess what's inside it!" He held the jar up over his had.