12

Lighting flashes scattered throughout the pitch black sky causing thunder to echo. It lit the crystal like down pour of the rain that met everything it fell above on. The rain pour down on everyone on the Black Pearl. It soaked Will and Evelyn who stood side by side as they gazed across the monstrous ocean at the destructed ship that rest before them. Evelyn glanced at Will as she pushed back the wet strands of hair that fell from her braid. She mirrored the same look he gave her, confusion. Raising an eyebrow and giving a shrug, she turned back to look at the ship once more. Will turned his shoulder around to look at Jack and Mr. Gibbs. "That's the Flying Dutchman?" He questioned. Evelyn turned around to see unsettling looks plastered on their faces. Mr. Gibbs gave them a faint smile and nodded rapidly, slowly loosing his smile. A pit formed in Evelyn's stomach as she looked at the fear and anxiousness in their eyes. She looked up at Will who turned back to look at the Flying Dutchman. "She doesn't look like much." He said causally, not processing the looks the two men had given. Evelyn looked at him in confusion. He had to noticed how odd they were acting right?

"Neither do you. Do not underestimate her." Jack said, coming  beside Evelyn with Mr. Gibbs. She turned her head and looked up at him gazing at the ship. The emotion Jack's eyes held before had been covered up by ease. Even then did that not settle the feeling she had been feeling in her stomach. There was no way in hell she was going to let Will go over there by himself.

"Must have run afoul of the reef." Mr. Gibbs spitted out after being punched subtly by Jack.

"So, what's your plan, then?" Jack asked Will calmly.

"I row over, search the ship until I find your bloody key." Will leaned forward, pressing his hands against the ships railing. All the men stared down at the ship wreck while Evelyn innocent filled eyes darted between Jack and Will.

Her eyes rested back on Jack.

"And if there are crewmen?" Jack asked.

Evelyn's eyes darted back to Will.

"I cut down anyone in my path." Will replied deeply, pushing himself off the railing to walk away.

"I like it. Simple, easy to remember." Jack said to both Evelyn and Mr. Gibbs. Evelyn merely stared at Jack for a moment then walked away after Will.

"Will?" Evelyn called through the rain, moving around each person that walked by.

"Yes?" Will replied, pausing from his walk to look back at her. His actions for some reason startled her.

Evelyn lifted her eyes to his face. "I-I'm coming with you." She said firmly, looking into his dark brown eyes.

A faint smile formed on Will's wet lips. "Alright, come on." He turned to walk but Evelyn reached out to grab his jacket sleeve. Will turned back to meet her confused emerald eyes.

"You're not going to argue against it?" Evelyn asked him, raising an eyebrow at him.

"No, I could use your help." Will rotated his wrist to pull the sleeve from her grip but to slid his into hers. He pulled her into a walk behind him. "Besides, if I'm nice enough you'll come and kiss me again while I'm asleep."

Evelyn's heart nearly stopped. A heat rushed up to her cheeks. "You knew?" She asked shyly, nearly stumbling over her foot as she followed Will. He didn't answer her right away. They stopped at the other side of the ship. After picking up a lantern, Will grabbed on to the railing and climbed over. Giving Evelyn a look, he motioned with his head for her to follow him down the handles where a small dingy rested, moving through the storm waves. Evelyn let out a sigh and glanced didn't at the boat. Deja vu began to fill her. The last time she got in one of those boats, nothing good followed after her. But Evelyn had to push down on her gut feeling that screamed at her to grab Will and stay on the ship. She climbed over and began to descend down above Will, carefully stepping down on the wet wood.