08

Evelyn let out a sigh, closing her eyes as she rest her forehead against a bone. Her arms above her head, crossed and rested against the other bones that went above her. Turning her head, she opened her eyes to look at Will on her left. She could sense the irritation in Will even if he wasn't showing it. It was the same level that she was at. Exhaustion, hunger, and irritation clouded her usual happy and sweet state. It bothered her that she and Will felt this way. Yet neither of them fixed their attitude really, only partially.

Pushing herself off the bones, she turned around and leaned back against it to look at both Will, now on her right side, and Mr. Gibbs on her left. Her eyes looked up and around the cage they were in. It was made of human bones she could tell. Two caged were filled with Jack's crew as they dangled in between two cliffs above an abyss of a one way ticket to death down below.

"Why would he do this to us? If Jack is the chief..." Will said to Mr. Gibbs, causing Evelyn to snap back into reality. The man held on to the cage with one hand and leaned against it while looking at Mr. Gibbs leaning with his arms through the openings of the cage. Evelyn rolled her head to look at Mr. Gibbs, waiting for him to speak.

"Aye, the Pelegostos made Jack their chief, but he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief." Mr. Gibbs said, staring off at the cliffs rocky walls covered in tree vines and weeds.

"So he had no choice. He's a captive as much as the rest of us." Will said softly, realizing Jack wasn't doing them any harm.

"Worse." Gibbs started.

"Of course it is." Evelyn, sarcasm laced through her words. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared off into space for a few seconds. When she realized she was being stared at she turned her head to look back and forth between Will and Mr. Gibbs. Will looked at her in surprised at the tone of her voice while Mr. Gibbs looked taken back by it. "Tell me I'm wrong." After she spoke, the guilt in her stomach caused her to close her eyes and relax for a second. Opening her eyes, she looked back at Mr. Gibbs. "Sorry, that's the lack of sleep and food talking." She said throwing a quick glance at Will then looking at Mr. Gibbs. Will stared at her for a second and then let out a deep breath through his nose as he looked back at Mr. Gibbs. "Continue." Evelyn said, making a motion with her hand then crossing it again.

"See, the Pelegostos believe that Jack is a god in human form, and the intend to do him the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison." Mr. Gibbs explained, his eyes darting back and forth between Will and Evelyn.

Evelyn narrowed her eyes at the man while Will stared at him in complete confusion. "What does that mean?" Evelyn ask, Turing her body to fully look at him.

She noticed Mr. Cotton standing behind Mr. Gibbs, listening in on the conversation. He looked at the two, as he reached for Mr. Gibbs fingers. He lifted them up to his mouth and bit down on them. Mr. Gibbs yelled out in pain. He violently ripped his fingers from the mans mouth before reaching up to grab a hold of the cage once more. "They'll roast him and eat him."

"Where's the rest of the crew?" Will asked Mr. Gibbs.

The man studied the bone cage a bit. "The cages we're in weren't built till after we got here." Mr. Gibbs replied darkly.

Will snapped his head to his hand gripping a bone. He pulled it back, his breath changing as he looked at his palm uncomfortably. Evelyn's face contorted into a disgust. She whined and pushed herself off the cage, lowering her hands on her black pants. "Seriously?" She cried out, completely hysterical. "I can't catch a break with all this stuff." Evelyn crossed her arms over her chest as she tried to balance herself on the bones beneath her feet.

A slightly irritated sigh came from Will. "It's okay, love." Will halfheartedly tried to comfort her. He lifted his hand up and rubbed circles on her back.