07

"Captain Jack Sparrow? Owes me four doubloons. Heard he was dead."

~

"Singapore. That's what I heard. Drunk, with a smile on his face. Sure as the tide. Jack Sparrow turn up in Singapore."

~

"Jack Sparrow?"

"I haven't seen him in a month."

"When you find him, will you give him a message?" *slap*

~

"Can't say about Jack Sparrow, but there's an island south of the straits where I trade spice for...mm, delicious long pork. Cannot say about Jack, but you'll find a ship there. A ship with black sails."

~

The small fishing boat slightly swayed as it was anchored down. Half of the smelling boat faced the island. The view it was exposed too was enough to notice the enormity of the island. Within the view rest the beach where the Black Pearl was resting on. On the half of the boat stood Evelyn, Will, and the fisherman who brought them there. "This is the best news we've had in weeks." Evelyn spoke, a sigh of relief slipped through her lips as she gazed upon the Black Pearl. She stood beside Will's right who stood on the captain's right as well. Will lifted his hand up to hold on to the ropes as he watched the man who looked through his telescope lower it.

"My brother will take you both ashore." The man spoke, his accent thick. He closed his telescope and called to his brother in French. As he turned to fully face the two, Will and Evelyn pulled away from the ships railing to face him. "I wish you both good luck on finding Jack." The man gave the both a nod.

"Thank you." Will replied with a nod as well.

"This is the closest we've gotten to anything so thank you." Evelyn glanced at Will before looking at the tall, dark man. She studied the man and his ship. Something about him made her feel comfortable than any of the other men they had spoken too. Even though his fishing boat was a bit beat up and dirty, she still found comfort in the men and the captain. She couldn't quite tell if it was because they had helped them this much or if they seemed like decent men or maybe even both.

"You're welcome. My brother is ready for you both." The man extended his dark hand to Evelyn. Without hesitation, Evelyn reached up to give his hand a shake. She let go and watched the man shake Will's hand.

The captain gave a nod and turned to walk away. Evelyn and Will watched the man walk away before looking at each other. "Come on." Will cooed, placing his hand on her lower back. He guided Evelyn through the chaos of the fishermen as the ran around the miniature boat. "They have to be there, they just have too." Will quietly said mostly himself.

Evelyn pulled the bag off her shoulder as they reached where the captains brother stood. "Don't get to worked up over it, Will. We'll find them eventually." She said softly, looking up at Will. A small, sweet smile formed on her lips as she met his face.

Will didn't smile back. The man merely sighed as he looked at her. "For our sake, I hope we do." He motioned with his head for Evelyn to climb over the railing of the ship.

Evelyn's smile dropped and she awkwardly turned her head to look at the railing. Gripping the railing, she lifted her foot to place on a box beside her and pushed herself up. Will reached for her waist to help her over due to her height. "I got it." Evelyn grunted at him as she swung her leg up and over, wiggling her hips out of his hands. She looked at the bag as she hung on the railing. Lifting it up, she dropped it slightly to catch the string.

Will watched her and let out a tired sigh. "Evelyn let me..." he reached for the bag.

"Will I said I got it." She replied slightly irritable. Will tried to pull the bag from her but Evelyn pulled back harshly causing her feet to slip off the handles to climb down. As she dropped the bag, Will reached out to grab her hands before she fell down. Evelyn let out a gasp and gripped his hands as she got her feet back in place.