T H E S T A R T

"You're sure no one's here?" Curly asked as he crouched through Daisy's window.

It seem effortless now to get in there because he had been doing it so much. She was standing in front of the window, a tan skirt and a tight blouse, leaning against her beds rail.

"Mhm.." She hums. "Pa's gone outta town and James is visiting Willy while he's gone. You've got the shower to yourself."

She smiles once he shuts her window, pulling her in to greet her with a morning kiss. "Thanks Dais, I really appreciate it."

When Curly says it, he means it. After his birthday, he spent hours contemplating on whether he'd skip out on Jose or just continue to be a soldier for him. He came to the conclusion in the early hours in the morning, packing up the rest of Jose's supply and leaving his car keys on the table. He knew that Jose would be pissed that Curly left, he hadn't been too long initiated into the Garcias before abandoning them.

"Here's your towel. Guess we can figure out breakfast when you're done." Daisy says as she hands him a towel.

Ever since he left Jose's he had been trying to sleep wherever he could. Whether it was at Buck's on sleeping on the hardwood floor because all the bed's were gone, he was taking what he could get. Of course Daisy would let him stay but he didn't like bothering her everynight to open her window. He couldn't do it anymore, he couldn't be involved with Jose, not after the murder. It was obvious he was cold blooded, Jose was the type of person to do three drive-bys and stop to get ice cream afterward. Curly figured it was the thoughts like this that made him carry his gun more often. It seemed as if the thing was attached to his hip, hell, he barely went anywhere without it. If need be, he'd use it without hesitation. The paranoia was eating at him and carrying the gun gave him some sort of strange relief.

He frowned at it as he set it down on top of the counter near the sink and stepped into the shower. Standing under the water and thinking about the past few months and the mess he got himself in. It was much deeper than a turf war now, he deserted The Garcias.

Curly was taken from his thoughts when he heard a soft knock on the door and Daisy calling for him.

"Hey, you almost done?" She asks from the other side of the door.

"Uh.. Yeah." Curly replies while running his fingers through his wet hair. "I mean, you could always join me if you wanted." He teases.

"Oh you're hilarious." She giggled. "I'm coming in.. I think I lost my brush in here."

The sound of the door can be heard and he could feel the chilly air seeping in through the bathroom. He could hear her light hums as she manuevered around the bathroom but suddenly stopping and gasping. Curly's heart drops and he feels like the biggest damn fool in all of Tulsa for leaving his gun on the counter.

"Curly.." She mumbles softly. "Why do you have a gun?"

Curly's heart thumps against his chest and he can't think of a response. He felt more embarrassed than anything about gang banging. He wondered if she'd try to leave him or be upset about it. He turns off the shower and reaches for his towel and even though it's only been a few moments, a few seconds, it feels like it's been minutes.

"I guess it's time we talk." Curly says as he opens the shower curtain.

Daisy sits on top of the toilet seat with her legs crossed at the ankles. Her eyes are looking at the gun as if it's the devil himself resting on her counter. She then turns her gaze towards Curly and blushes when she notices he's only wearing a towel.

"Is it.. is it the same reason you left your Tio Jose's? And y'know the.. drug dealing?" Her voice is so quiet he can barely hear it.

He can feel his hands begin to sweat as she looks over at him and all he can think about his her reaction. Will she start crying? Will she react like his passed lovers and try to get him to stop. He wonders if he would stop selling if she asked, if she really wanted to, he just might. But he knew if the Shepard Gang ever needed him, then he'd be there. He took an oath for them. But he couldn't predict her reaction, it was hard to say because she never said anything about it, but it was more than obvious that she knew.