C O L D

"I said I wouldn't hesitate to deck her. These dumb chicks really irk my nerves." Angela grumbles.

Curly sits across from his sister, halfway listening to her ramble on about, what it seems to be the same story every week with just a different name. He usually tries his best to listen to her story, most of the time anyway, but these days he was preoccupied with other things.

"And I don't know what it is with Bryon but I swear he's been getting wise with me, Curls."

Bryon Douglas had been Angela's ex boyfriend. A boy who was too sour that she broke up with him and a person who threw his own best friend to the pigs. Curly could never imagine giving Jimmy up over something so stupid like drugs. Everyone sold a little bit of speed for some cash.

"Let me know if he tries something with you and I'll kick his ass." Curly says to Angela.

Angela's face brightens and a small smirk appears on her lips. It wouldn't have been the first time Curly had beat him up. Bryon had gone around spreading rumors on why they split. Curly didn't like it too much when he referred to her as a no good whore.

"Y'know Connie is back right?" Angela adds in. "She was at the birthday bash... And you had me looking like an idiot, I thought you were coming."

Curly flicks his eyes back to Angela, he kind of wants to choke her for bringing Connie's name back up. Connie had been back for a few days and everybody was already telling him her whereabouts.

"Yeah, well, King Timothy held me up so I couldn't make it. 'Sides, I'm glad I missed out. I got to avoid Winston."  Curly snorts.

Angela pressed her lips together and gives Curly a glare. Her and Connie were friends here and there. Similar to Dallas and Tim, they fought occasionally but made up before the end of the month.

"I was just letting you know. I didn't say you had to go screw her or nothin'."

Curly thinks back to the last time he saw good ol' Connie. She nearly messed up one of his biggest jobs with her big ass mouth, had the Tio's wanting to take his tongue out for even letting her get as close as she did. It wasn't entirely his fault, he had just been a little too careless and Connie went to stick her nose in places it didn't belong.

"Well spare me the details and make sure she stays outta my way. I ain't too keen on making chicks cry. I gotta go, Angel, I'll see you at home."

Curly grabs his tray and throws his trash out at the trash can. He stands around for a second to smoke on his cigarette before he goes to the next block. He's surprised when he sees Jimmy's figure walking closer towards him on the school campus.

"My, my, my. We better call the cops, a no good hood is on campus." Curly teases the greasy hood.

Jimmy rolls his eyes at the statement and jams his hands into his pockets. He looks like he has something on his mind. He hasn't looked like that since his mom had been in the hospital a while back.

"Fuck off." Jimmy begins. "Look, you gotta skip last block. Tim needs you down at Benny's."

Curlys smile turns into a frown at Jimmy's tone. He felt a little uneasy, particularly because Tim never asked him to skip school unless a job was important.

"No one's hurt. We just have important business. You'll be there?"

"Yeah, I'll be there." Curly says quickly.

Jimmy nods and Curly and pushes a smile on his lips before leaving him standing outside Washington High School

It wasn't long before Curly left last block and slipped out the back doors. Benny's had been a popular greaser hangout for a few years, they liked it because it was quiet and it didn't start jumping until the weekends. The Shepard Gang had their meetings there so no one could listen in on their plans.