P I N K L I P S

"Here's your- oops!" Daisy yelped once she noticed Curly was sitting in the booth.

Her face had a pink tint hiding behind her brown skin tone and a bashful look took over her facial expressions."Sorry about that. Here's your cokes."

She handed the drinks out and the basket of fries before smoothing her skirt and quickly walked behind the counter. Curly smiled as he bit on his thumb, looked her over one - a few times before averting his gaze to Tim to listen to his next "big" plan. It involved the River Kings.

"I need to be able to trust you vatos, yeah? Hell, Shepard Gang's got so much shit on the table right now we can't afford to mess up." Tim blew out a breath and ran his fingers through his complicated black hair. "..heard Connie Winston's been poking her nose around looking for a job - fucking puta."

Curly sighed as leaned on his elbow trying to halfway tune Tim and his rantings out of his head. It wasn't as if Tim was going to take Curly's advice, or even listen to it, hell his portion of the meeting was finished. Take the stolen car parts from the River Kings, that was a cake walk and Curly could do it in broad daylight. The only thing that was actually entertaining Curly were the fries Daisy set on the table, food was a comfort.

His eyes wandered to Daisy coming from behind the counter, a smile resting on his face as he admired her walk and those gorgeous legs she had. It had been a long while since he had seen her and he was missing the nervous giggle she had. He felt stupid behind this hung up over a girl and he hadn't even kissed her yet.

However, he had always just missed her whenever he showed up at her school. Her girl friend Karen would always tell him she was at church, it made him wonder who the hell went to church that often and was she just trying to avoid him. Gloriana Shepard had once been very devoted to her good catholic well being and her visits hardly met Daisy's. He guessed that was just Daisy's thing, he was sure people said the same thing about him and gang banging.

"Curly what the f-" Tim began, his cold blue eyes turning to find just exactly what was taking away Curly's undivided attention. "Pay the fuck attention. You can go chase pussy another time."

Jimmy let out a laugh as Curly scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I said be careful with this job, if you get caught then you know they're gonna want a rumble."

"Dios mio, I been trying to catch you all week." Curly said to Daisy.

Curly had waited outside for Daisy's shift to end. She came outside quickly, a cigarette between her small fingers. He tried thinking back to if he had ever seen her smoking but it made him feel more comfortable. It made him feel less shitty.

"Sorry, I had church."

"You got church everyday?" Curly chuckled as he opened his lighter, Daisy leaned down slightly, lighting her cigarette and sitting on the bench, legs crossed together proper like.

He looked down at Daisy sitting on the bench before joining her and sitting next to her, close enough to smell her perfume her vanilla perfume. Close enough to kiss her. His heart thumped but he took a deep breath and looked the opposite way.

"No." She giggled. "Well, I guess. It's only because of the drive, we're getting old coats for people who can't afford them."

"Well shit. Guess I can't complain then."

The thought of donations made Curly think of his Abuela, he hadn't known her of course, it was the made up Abuela, the one that comforted him in his times of distress. Made Up Abuela was nice, she was kind, she did stupid things like donations.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to go out again." Curly said slowly.

"Maybe.." She said.

Curly's stomach turned at her sentence, maybe? Chicks never turned him down with a maybe, and Daisy doing it actually kind of hit him in his heart. Did she think he was ugly? Curly wasn't one to be vain or anything but he knew he had to be at least somewhat good lucking for girls to be chasing him.