D A I S Y

As much as Curly and Angela were always around each other and talking, they should've considered the other as their best friend. Talking came easy for them, it was almost effortless. It used to be like that with Tim too, but it was mainly Curly talking and Tim giving his wise advice.

Anxiety ridden Curly sat across from Angela and smoked quickly on his cigarette. He figured he was working on his second pack of the day. He had been feeling weird, it wasn't fear, he didn't really fear anything. But the feeling was dreadful and he hated it.

"Okay, que pasa? You ain't saying shit about my stories today."

Curly tries to remember a time when he actually did say something about her stories. She talked so fast he could barely get a word in, the words "Mhm" were casually thrown in as she talked so she thought he was listening.

"Tim is starting a war with Tiber." Curly says.

Curly takes another puff of his cigarette and shrugs. They were in good standing with Tiber, they pretty much kept out of each other's way, that meant selling drugs on their own turf.

"How much have you been smoking?"

"A shit ton." Curly replies. "This ain't the first war we had. Tim just ain't think straight about it."

It wasn't the first war they had. But it was usually turf wars, kids would be jumped here and there but stealing a gangs connect was foul.

Angelas eyebrows push together as she leaned in and listened to Curly talking.

"What do you mean. You think Los Tio's had something to do with it?"

"I know they did." Curly said while reaching for his pop.

He looked around for the waitress who spilled the slushee on him but he couldn't find her.

"They wanna steal Tibers biggest connection. Why else would Tim wanna do it?" Curly asks.

The meeting to Oklahoma City had gone well. Paulie used his famous smooth talking skills to put them into the beginning of a business deal. The only thing they needed was Tims approval and the shaking of hands and everything would be finished.

"Well, you need to be careful. My brother's ain't being lowered into the ground over fucking drugs." Angela says.

She knew what gang life was about and how it often ended in death or prison. She was a tough kid indeed, but the thought of losing her brothers was too much. She already lost both her parents.

"I'll be alright." Curly smirks.

"Well you'd better 'cause we're all we got left."

Curly bites one of Angela's fries and the feeling of anxiety had left his mind. It didn't take long for him to start feeling back to normal, not until he was alone with his thoughts at least.

"I think I see Sylvia. I'm gonna catch up with her."

Angela sits up and slides her milkshake over to Curly so he could settle the tab. She always skipped out before the meal was paid for. It was useless because he wouldn't ever let her pay for a meal.

Curly turned to watch Angela meet up with Sylvia. Angela had been known for lying, she was too fast for her age Curly thought. Hanging on boys who could be her older brother and not thinking about the messes she made for Curly and Tim to clean up.

Sylvia wasn't much better. She had reminded him of a sneaky cat, graceful but a pain in the ass who always was up to no good. She was the kid sister of an old Shepard Gang member and sold pills on the side. She was hardly a threat to the Shepard Gang. He just hoped she wouldn't drag Angela into it, she seemed smarter than that though.