Back to limbo

The car drive was eerily long. As we drove past houses I watched the sky change from sunrise and darken as clouds came into view. My back was fucking sore and I just felt like a pile of crap. 'At least I'm not there anymore..' I thought reached a hand up to feel the bruise on my neck. It had risen up and was sensitive to the touch. "fucking Christ.." I croaked out of shock. It seems my voice what going to be this way for the next few days. God I'm going to have to deal with Sid and Elizabeth since I made them clean the bus last week..
Uneasy thoughts ran through my head like a roaring train on repeat till I got to my destination. The car took a halted in front of the school building before I stepped out. My hands were shaking with uneasiness before I flung my bag on and slammed the door shut. I quickly walked to the cafeteria where everyone was  walking to, to attend the school assembly. When I walked in I couldn't help but notice a few snickered laughs around me. I tried to call myself down, it's all in my head. Everyone stood there in front of a podium until a short chubby man came into view. Mr. B. He poked at the mic for a moment before speaking into it, earning everyone's attention.
    "Hello Everybody, I hope that the past week has been good for you all, despite the incident that occurred last week. I understand that it may be hard on some of our hearts to know that we've lost many wonderful classmates in such an unfortunate way. And pardon my French, but good god our staff member have also been mourning over our loss' too. In fact I hope you all take it to heart that you're all loved and wonderful students who have always worked hard to be the best in the county and that we have our crisis counselor, Mrs. Lydia, who is always open arms and ready to comfort or consult anyone mourning our lost students. I hope that the next week will go according to plan and that we can all move on and better ourselves over this tragedy. I also do wish to remind you all that we will only be having half days until Thursday. So that means we're going to be having first, second, and third period classes only. Also one more announcement, during everyone's absence we had police check through ever single persons belongings for, weapons, drugs, and anything inappropriate, so if you notice anything out of place blame the police. Now, you all are excused till 12:30 pm till first classes begin. Now go off back to your dorm rooms and unpack!"
I watched as everyone else began crowding around the exit doors before I felt a light tap on my one of my shoulders before I turned around. It was Mr. Wright. I let out a sigh of relief. "You alright, ___?" He asked noticing mhm distress. "Y-yeah, You just surprised me a bit ." I muttered out blushing a bit. "Okay, great! You had me worried there for a moment." I exclaimed in relief. "So tell me, how was your week?" He asked trying to calm the mood. The scent of leather tinged in my mind before I stated "ah, it was actually a bit slow and boring, you know. I just stayed home all week." I replied not wanting to push into further details. He popped his knuckles before saying "That honestly sounds so peaceful right now. Unfortunately for me I had plans and had to move all of my stuff upstairs, into Mrs. Dickinson's room for the past few days." "Gosh, it must've been a real drag since our elevator doesn't work anymore!" "Nah I needed that exercise to wake me up a bit and get ready into the average school teacher lifestyle!" "I'm impressed, like I didn't do anything this break and I'm exhausted right now!" I giggled at my own pain. "Are you sure you're alright, __? You seem a bit paler than usual and tired." He asked, giving me a questionable look. 'I must really look like shit from the attic..' I though nervously scratching my head. "It's probably because I stayed up so late, last night." We kept our conversation going on before I head out the building and into the school girl dormitories. We waved bye before we headed our own ways. The walk to my room was quiet and morbid. I passed by three rooms that had boxes mounting outside of them. It was some of the students who passed and I guess people were moving their stuff out. I finally made my way to my dorm room and pulled my key out. It was golden and scratched up from the years before. Quickly I inserted it and made myself home. 'Finally...' I thought in delight at I practically waltzed in. Everything was perfect and everything was great. That was what I thought until I noticed something off. My closet was an absolute disaster. "What the fuck!" I shouted angrily and horse as I stomped toward the closet. All those hours wasted, organizing shirts and folding pants and color coding my underwear. Those fucking scoundrels. I kicked my plastic dresser to the side and jumped onto my bed. 'Fuck people!' I thought before slowly getting too relaxed. I looked at my alarm clock on my bedside. "9:30AM.." it flowed in red bold font. 'Two hours wouldn't kill me, considering the fact I spent my weekend,tied to a pole." I thought before giving into the sweet relaxation and soft covers on my bed.

__ fell asleep. Their breathing slowed down and hair sprawled among the bed's pillows. That was when it all happened. Slowly outside the window, far along side the bushes and trees a man appeared. His black hair, scruffy and messy and clothes were black. His eyes scanned the area, looking around for anybody when he came. That was when Jeff took this opportunity. He cautiously stepped over dead branches and leaves to not make as much noise. His fingers glided along the metal window still before sliding it open. He stepped one foot in before he began walking into the room. He looked around his other den before closing the window. He signed and plopped off his muddy boots off as he headed to the couch across the room. Just as he was about to lay around he noticed that someone was sleeping in the bed. 'They must've not heard me..' he pulled out hid knife from his side pocket before making his way toward the bed, like a lion before attacking it's. He lifted the blanket Away from their face to reveal his next victim. Surprisingly it wasn't just anyone. It was ___. His heart race a bit with joy and murder. He slowly straddled himself against her legs, leaning above her torso, his black hair falling into her shoulders. He lifted both of his arms up high above his shoulders before he rammed it down. It was about it pierce her skin when he stopped himself. Her face looked so vet tired and troubled. Why couldn't he kill her now and move on?? He questioned himself this more and pushed more further into the thought as he studied her face more. She looked sick. Perhaps dead. He lifted his arms above his head and this time didn't budge the knife down. For some reason it didn't feel right. Now, after all the times he'd kill people, he was feel remorse. He tried for the third time to stab __ into the chest but clunky push himself to. Jeff growled, angry with himself. 'Stab her you idiot..' he though as he stared down at her. He lowered his hand, down her face, moving hair to the side when he noticed something quite peculiar about her. Her neck was completely raw and reddish_purple, like she'd been strangled with a the worlds roughest sandpaper. His finger tips lightly traveled around the soft irritated flesh, tilting her head to the side or get a better view. 'She's already broken...' he thought, quietly removing himself off of her. He stared back at the couch. It's welcoming soft cushions taunting him. He took a look back at that awkward girl before leaving the place and out the window.