Chapter 3

Shisui's feet landed on the dirt as he slide back, the dirt stirring around him.

"Nice job!" He said smiling brightly giving us both a thumbs up. I smiled at him, and looked at Itachi giving him a smile. A few days after the encounter with the Leaf we came to the forest to train. This was our way of keeping our minds off the situation for the time being.

"Don't you meet with the Hokage today guys?" Shisui said looking at both of us as he walked towards us. His hair brushed his forehead gently as he walked. Itachi brushed his shirt off, the dirt came off in small dust clouds he nodded to Shisui.

"Im not sure what it's about but we should get going Rose." Itachi said looking at me as his hair danced around his face as he spoke, he had a more serious face on today. I looked at Shisui and smiled.

"We can meet back up for dinner yeah?" Shisui nodded with a big smile in response and Itachi and I jumped onto a branch, we began hopping through the trees gracefully. The trees hummed their song as we traveled through them. I looked at Itachi observing his focused eyes, I let out a small sigh and focused ahead.

"Are you thinking about it again?" I said keeping my focus forward, my foot would touch a branch every now and again keeping my momentum. I could sense Itachi flinch beside me, as he looked down for a moment and then focused back in front of him.

"Yeah, I don't know why." He said as his eyes never lost focus on the destination ahead.

"Itachi, we have been working together for a while now and I think that between the 3 of us we can accomplish anything. We will protect each other like family." I said smiling to him then focusing ahead once more.

We walked down the street and some people gave us nasty looks at which I just kept my eyes forward and my feet moving. Itachi shoved his hand in his pockets and closed his eyes slightly while we walked, our feet moved in sync through the village. As we walked through the village my eye would glance around, the village was very beautiful. Children were laughing and running through the streets, people were talking happily to each other. I let a small sigh escape my lips, Itachi glanced over at me.

"Don't let it bother you, we are in this together." Itachi said focusing back on the path in front of him. I smiled in response, as we continued ahead.

We approached the Hokoge's door, a guard opened the large door in front of us reveling a man sitting at a large mahogany desk. His slender body had a white and red rob with a large hat. We both walked in and stood next to each other giving a bow of respect to the Hokage

The Hokage nodded and spoke.

"Rose and Itachi Uchiha, it's a pleasure to meet you both. Im sure you would like to know why I summoned you here today? Well I would like you both to join the ANBU. Itachi you acquired your sharingan at the age of 8, Rose you acquired yours at the age of 9 you're now 14 and 15. You both are very skilled, and im interested to see how much potential you really have." He said watching us with interest in his eyes. I glanced at Itachi, his eyes met mine for a brief moment and I nodded.

"Yes Lord Hokage, we will join the ANBU as you wish." I bowed my head and Itachi followed suit, my hair hugged around my face. As I straightened myself back up, my hair dispersed around my shoulders. I looked at the Hokage waiting for his next words.

"Good, you will be on Kakashi's team." As he said this a man appeared, he was tall and a mask covered his face. He had silver hair that spiked around his head in some places that I could see. He bowed out of respect to the Hokage and looked to us.

"I will be your captain, as of now you are part of my team and you will do as I say when I say it. Today you get your uniform and meet the rest of your team. Understood?" He said his voice was firm. Itachi and I both nodded.

He led us out of the Hokage's office and down a hall. I caught a gimps of Itachi and his eyes were focused on our new Captain. Itachi must have felt me looking at him and he glanced at me I could see the smile that wouldn't show on his face only in his onyx eyes. We made it to a door and Kakashi pointed to the clothing on a small table.

"You gear is in there, get changed and we will head out." He said motioning us into the room and waited by the door.

We went into the room one at a time and we finally had our new gear on. I glanced at Itachi, his face was fully covered by a mask, but his dark hair still hung comfortably behind his shoulders. There was a sword that hung behind him extended a foot over is shoulder, guards were on his arm and chest for protection. I smiled under my mask looking at him, he's gotten stronger since when we first met.

We began to walk through a forest that was off the village, Kakashi leading us through the trees. We came to an opening and saw a small group standing around talking. When they saw us, they stopped and watched us intently. Itachi stopped in front of the group with me beside him, he bowed and straightened back up.

"I'm Itachi Uchiha." He said looking around at all of the people, they whispered to one another.

I let out a small sigh and bowed to them. My head came back up becoming level with my body.

"I'm Rose Uchiha." Kakashi looked at his team and shook his head at them.

"Is there a problem anyone?" Kakashi said looking around for any objections.

"They are a little young to be in ANBU aren't they? How do we know they are skilled enough?" Someone asked looking at Itachi and I then back on Kakashi.

"Are you questioning the Hokage?" Kakashi looked directly at the man who had spoke up, frustration filled his voice.

The man merely shook his head, and looked down slightly.

"No sir."

"Good but if you are so worried about their skill then we can have a test." Kakashi walked to the right and there were some targets like the ones Itachi, Shisui and I used to practice on. We followed suit and stood beside Kakashi.

Itachi flicked his wrist revealing kunia. My eyes closed and opened and I could see the world shining brighter, Sharingan. Itachi pushed himself off the ground spinning his body, the kunai gracefully flew away from him like a focused hummingbird. I flicked my hand up quickly revealing shuriken, my eyes slowed the pace of Itachi's kunai I calculated my target and my eyes showed me what to do from there. I swiftly released the shuriken towards 2 of the kunai, a loud clash of medal echoed through the forest. The kunai made there destinations, and hit right in the middle of a circle that was held on trees around them.

They all started to whisper to one another with their face surprised. I glanced at Itachi and gave a nodding of approval.

"Is that test enough? We have a mission in the morning, Itachi and Rose will be assisting me." Kakashi looked at me and Itachi then back at the rest of the team. They all nodded not wanting to question Kakashi further.

Itachi and I walked side by side looking up at the night sky, we were making our way to meet back up with Shisui. I looked to Itachi, and tilted my head a little.

"What do you think about it?" I asked interested in his answer, he kept looking forward and replied back to me.

"I think we are going to find out a lot. Things seem to get more tense as the days go between this village and our clan." He said looking up at the stars, then focused his eyes back on the road in front of us. I knew things were tense with the village and the clan, and Itachi knew all to well because of his father. I let out a frustrated sigh, as we turned down another road.

"I know it will, I don't want it to come to a head Itachi. We will have a war if someone decides to strike the other hard enough." I said thinking about the ninjas that came at us in the forest a while back. Itachi nodded, we soon saw lights and a happy waving Shisui. I smiled to myself and waved back.

"Hey Shisui!" I said in a happy tone, Itachi walked up beside me and smiled at Shisui.

"How did it go guys?" Shisui said as we followed him into the ramen shop, sitting at a table Itachi sat beside Shisui and I looked at Shisui with a serious face.

"We have joined ANBU, per Hokage's wishes." I said lowly trying not to speak to loud. I saw a shift in Shisui's eyes as it caught his attention.