Chapter 11

I felt a small gush of wind next to me and my eyes widened as I pulled out of Itachi's grasp, looking to see Shisui standing next to us with a big smile.

"Am I interrupting something?" He said with a small laugh looking between us, my eyes looked to the ground as I felt my face heat up. 

"No! It's nothing Shisui!" I said quickly with a nervous laugh, shaking my head vigorously. Shisui only laughed at my loss in composure. I looked up to him with a smile, studying him his face had only small cuts.

"Im glad to see you're back Shisui how did the mission go?" I said to him, his eyes looked around the bloodied bodies laying around us with his eyebrow raised.

"Everything went well, I can see it went well here too." He said staring at the holes in some of the bodies. 

"Have you managed to do anything Itachi?" Shisui said looking at Itachi who glanced down at the ground shaking his head lightly.

"I managed to buy us some time but that's about it, im sorry Shisui." Shisui nodded and offered a smile to Itachi. 

"We knew it wouldn't be able to dissuade our entire clan. Their will to push this through is stronger than we anticipated. That being said you did well to delay the plan." Shisui said looking to Itachi in approval. Itachi looked back to Shisui and let out a small sigh with a nod.

"How about you Shisui have you managed to find any allies?" Itachi said, Shisui glanced down and shook his head.

"No, I haven't. For better or for worse they are part of the Uchiha and their bond is strong. Im meeting with the Hokage and a few others to come up with something else." Shisui said glancing up to to the dark sky in thought. I looked at all the trees around us dancing with the wind, letting out a small sigh. 

"If the Uchiha doesn't change neither will the leaf, and it will always stay that way unless someone sucks up their pride." I said thoughtfully glancing back between them, they looked to me with a nod.

"I'll do what I can on my end, you both don't need to worry. But I have to go now, we can meet up in the morning yeah?" Shisui said giving us a smile with a thumbs up at both of us. Itachi and I nodded to him, I smiled to Shisui.

"Don't get reckless now Shisui." I said turning away from him with a small wave as I started walking away, before I turned away I saw a glimmer of sadness in his eyes as he nodded keeping his smile wide.

"Yeah yeah, don't worry about me." Shisui replied back to me flickering away from us, Itachi walked up beside me glancing at me.

"Didn't want to tell him about your sudden coughing fit?" Itachi questioned me, I simply shook my head to his question.

"No he doesn't need to know that, it will only worry him more. Please don't tell him Itachi." I said my feet keeping their pace next to him. I could see him nod slowly out of the corner of my eye.

"Alright. But don't try to hide anything from me." He replied flatly, keeping his eyes ahead of us as we continued our journey home. 

"Here take some Itachi it won't kill you." I smiled holding out the dongo to a confused Itachi, I laughed in amusement at his face holding the stick up. We had stopped at a small store to grab a snack before I went home.

"It looks strange with the bright colors." He raised an eyebrow examining the 3 dongo's on a wooden stick. I smiled taking a bite of the dongo, the sweetness ran over my taste buds gently.

"See. They are really good, I promise you will like it!" I said swallowing the delicious treat, showing Itachi it wasn't going to kill him. He tilted his head slightly, taking the dongo's from me examining them closely. He slowly bit into the bright green dongo, his face was confused and then his eyes widened.

"Good right?" I said laughing with amusement watching his face, as he chewed faster finishing the green one off. He nodded in agreement, trying to hand me back the dongo stick.

"No you finish it off." I smiled rejecting the sweets he was trying to return, he smiled lightly and nodded. 

"You think Shisui can pull this off? I'm sure he is finished with the Hokage by now." I said as we continued to walk down the slightly busy street. Itachi glanced at me as he pulled the dongo stick away from his mouth.

"I hope so." He said looking at me with thought, I began coughing again and Itachi started to rub my back gently. I shook my head and smiled regaining my composure looking to him.

"I'm okay Itachi, I guess it will just come and go." I said with a smile, I could see he was concerned but he nodded at my response. My stomach felt like it twisted into itself, I wanted to throw up my eyebrows furrowed deeply at the feeling.

"Something doesn't feel right Itachi." I said looking to him as he glanced around us at the few people on the street he looked back to me.

"We need to look for Shisui. Are you okay to move around?" He said his face was filled with concern as he looked down to me.

"Yes we need to hurry." I replied and we began to flicker through the streets into the trees searching for any sign of Shisui. Shisui, please be okay.