Chapter 15

"Itachi... things are going to get rough from here on out. We will be forced to go rouge, we won't be able to come back here again." I said looking around at our surrounds, the moon was shining brightly above us. Their were targets on the trees, with kunia stuck in a few of them. A sad smile crossed my face at our training ground.

"I know, we need to keep pushing forward Rose. I don't know what's right anymore, but I do know one thing. If we take our clan out, that will be a war that we can stop with our own hands, and save this village." He said looking up to the dimly moonlit sky, he seemed different his eyes were so emotionless as his eyes narrowed slightly.

"We have to leave our humanity behind Itachi once we do this, no one can know why we are doing this but us and the Hokage. Sasuke will be left all alone, Itachi what if that makes him follow the wrong path? These are our people Itachi.. The familiar faces we saw as children.. and they will be killed by our hands." I said my voice broke slightly as a tear rolled down my cheek. I knew deep down this would break us and we may never be able to gain that light back. In reality I was very indecisive my stomach turned at the thought of it. Itachi glanced at me his, eyes softened some as he approached me.

"You don't have to follow this dark path with me, but I have decided that I will follow through with it. I can at least be sure that Sasuke and you are sparred through all of this. Rose The Leaf Village.. they are our people too." He said as he stopped in front of me. I shook my head at his response, offering a small smile.

"No Itachi, we are in this together I will stay by your side until the end." I said my words coming out gently, I could see him smile and reach his hand up, his fingers found their destination of my forehead. Itachi was the most important person to me, and I don't want his warmth to fade away from me..

"Rose... I want to say thank you, for showing me kindness, you have always seemed to make things easier for me, but this isn't a path you should follow." I could feel is warm fingertips glide down my cheek and under my chin gently pulling my face up.

"Itachi.." My eyes widened, I could feel my face warming up I tried to give no indication that I was worried about my current state. My eyes met his, his face looked so tired there was a veil almost over his eyes but I could see through them. I could see his pain, and his will to continue forward no matter what. My heart felt like it could burst through my chest, my body was hot and tingling. He was what I wanted what I needed, I never want to let him go.

"Rose.. I-" I couldn't reject these feelings anymore, I reached my hand to his cheek and pulled him down, our lips crashed like waves on a beach. Itachi swiftly gasped his hand around my back, pulling me into him. Our lips moved in sync, unlike my heart rate it felt as is was running a marathon. Our breathing became heavier in the kiss, I could feel his nails digging into my back, I ran my fingers through his hair pulling slightly.

A hard and chilling breeze pushed its way through the trees, making a small howling noise through the forest. I smiled into our rough kiss and pulled away slightly trying to catch some air, I could feel his heavy but gentle pants on my forehead.

"I should have done it." I heard Itachi say gently to me, I looked up at him catching my breath he had a small smile planted on his face. I let out a small laugh giving him an amused face, I brought my fingers to his forehead and thumped it lightly.

"Yes you should have." His facial expression was slightly suprised at my gesture, then became firm suddnly. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him, he then looked down at me his eyes seemed to become unreadable.

I felt a piercing throb to my abdomen, my body huntched over at the mass of distress my body was in. My eyes met with a small glimmer of metal.. my stomach retracted bringing and acid metalic taste streaming to the ground infront of me. I could feel my skin tear as my abdomen tightened. I let out a blood curtailing scream, it hurts it hurts... I felt as I couldn't breathe. My eyes widened as they followed the hand to Itachi.

"Itachi... please don't do this.." I collapsed onto the cold dirt, I begain coughing up more blood, I looked up to him, I could feel my own tears rolling down my face like a waterfall. He just loamed over me, I could see a small glimmer in his eyes not lasting long as he became lifeless looking. His eyes were no longer onyx, they were crimson red, my vision was bluring.

"Im sorry Rose." Was the last thing I heard before passing out.