Chapter 10

I kept my kunia hugged close to me for protection, my eyes following their moving chakra. My hands danced together fitting comfortably into one another forming signs. I brought my hand up to my mask, as a huge fireball grew in front of me. My eyes continued to follow their chakra, releasing huge fireball towards them. I could hear the swirl of a few shuriken being throw towards the moving targets but not making a connection.

"Too slow." One of them said continuing to move swiftly, I smiled to myself. In a blink someone was in front of me, our kunia clashed together sending sparks through the air. We continued clashing together, I was swiftly dodging everything with ease. I could hear clashing a little ways away from me, they will be fine I need to finish up. I brought my kunia swiftly into his side, my eyes narrowed when his body fell to sand. The sand that was on my kunia traveled up my fingers forming a hand on my wrist, pulling me roughly to the ground.

"Tch." My face hit the ground roughly, the sand brushing around my eyes enabling my vision again. I glanced to the blurry figures that I knew to be Itachi and Kakashi, swiftly moving around their opponents. I brought my free hand to the kunia on my thigh throwing it into the air above me, I could sense where he was even if I couldn't see him. My ears listened to the kunia intently, calculating the range I needed, once it was close enough I brought my leg up hitting the handle of it. 

When the kunia made contact with my foot, I gave it an extra boost by infusing it with chakra as it flew off. I could hear a slicing noise, the sand around my arm loosened and I quickly pulled my hand out of its grasp. I knew he was't dead yet, we needed something bigger to kill them. I looked to Itachi, things were still a bit fuzzy around me I flickered beside him catching the guy in front of him off guard. Itachi took his chance and sunk his kunia deep into his chest, the mans eyes went lifeless as he fell to the ground.

"We need a storm Itachi, im sure you know the weather conditions for a storm." Itachi ran through his thoughts before nodding. We both did hand signs in sync, 2 huge fireballs formed next to each other as they ascended to the cool sky. Kakashi's eyes left his opponents as he flipped away from him doing hand signs quickly. His arm raised to the now warm sky shooting lightning into the sky. The sky became angry, lightning was shooting around us as the rain followed suit, the ground was being blown to shreds. 

Kakashi gathered lightning into his hand, the chakra was clustering in his hand, the loud crackles could be heard for miles. The sand around us clumped together on the ground around us, my body shivered lightly at the ran descending on us. Kakashi brought his arm back kicking off the ground he swiftly took out the other 3 shinobi. 

"Smart, the sand is harder to use if wet which leaves them vulnerable." Itachi said looking around the battle scene. Kakashi walked up to us sliding his mask to the side nodding in approval.

"Nice thinking Rose." Kakashi said looking at me, I removed my mask and smiled. My body felt like it was burning suddenly, I began to cough I could see crimson on the ground in front of me in splotches. I fell to my knees feeling like I couldn't breath, I was gasping for breath that wouldn't come. Itachi crouched beside me trying to hold me up so I wouldn't fall, I glanced at him his eyes filled with concern. 

My coughing fit wouldn't stop as more blood spewed onto the ground, I was only getting small pockets of air. I could feel Itachi gently rubbing my back, looking to Kakashi for an answer.

"I believe its the poison from that needle, she doesn't need to push herself. Try this." Kakashi said, pulling something out of his pocket handing it down to Itachi. I could see a small berry in Itachi's hand as he put it in front of my face. I quickly took it, shoving it into my bloodied mouth chewing it roughly as I swallowed through the coughs. The coughing had slowed down and I could being to breath again, Itachi's eyes stayed fixed on me.

"Im okay. Let's finish this report." I said slowly between breaths, Itachi helped me stand up making sure I wouldn't fall he released his hands from me. He then shook his head at me firmly, looking to Kakashi. 

"Im going to take her home, can you report this?" Itachi said to Kakashi who nodded looking at me with worry.

"Yes, please inform me if anything else happens." Kakashi said as he flickered away quickly, I looked at Itachi with frustration.

"Im fine Itachi." I said with irritation in my voice, he looked at me his eyes were filled with frustration.

"Rose I told you I would protect you, which means not letting you follow up on something if you're injured." He said looking at me intently, his eyebrows were furrowed as he spoke.

"What's going on with you Itachi, you have been acting weird for the past few days now." I said crossing my arms over my chest, watching him closely. His weight shifted in an uncomfortable manner before he spoke.

"Nothing." He said simple as he averted his gaze away from mine. I narrowed my eyes at him walking up to him as I let out a sigh.

"Itachi... I know you better than that. What happened?" I said looking at him with concern, his eyes shifted to the ground as he sighed lightly.

"They won't stop the rebellion." Itachi said looking back at me his onyx eyes seemed empty. I grabbed his hand, squeezing it lightly with a small smile.

"Then we will need a new plan. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" His eyes looked away from mine as his eyebrows furrowed lightly with thought.

"I didn't want you to be disappointed or worried." He said slowly keeping his gave averted away from me. I smiled to myself observing him, he seemed like he was beating himself up over it. 

"Itachi, I would never be disappointed in you. Through thick and thin ill always be supporting you, and if something doesn't go our way then we move onto the next idea." I said gently, his eyes looked back at me with something different running through them. He pulled my arm bringing me closer to him, his arms wrapped around me holding me tightly. I was taken aback at first, but hugged him back he's so warm just like before...

I hope you guys liked this chapter c: please vote and comment! Ill try to release another chapter tonight! Thanks for staying with me through this!