Prologue

Book 1: One In Eleven 

Book 2: Kodi's Story (Coming Soon)

Book 3: New Girl In Town (Coming Soon) 

Book 4: The Culmination (Coming Soon)

Books 1 - 3 happen simultaneously throughout each season, focusing on different perspectives.

All books in this series will be marked with (ST) and introduce the individual character.

~~~

"My child...I have waited for this day, such a long time..." 

His hiss is like that of a rattlesnake, the venom dripping from the words that echo in my head. A drop of thunder, a crack of lightning, nothing compares to the fear that eats it's way into my bones. The muffled thudding that surrounds me as He looks down from the shadows He always hides in sends me into a spiral of tears. 

"You are the key, (Y/N), to our survival. To our...invasion."

"Please, just leave me alone. I want to be normal!" I yell out into the void. 

"I'm afraid that cannot be done, little one. You may be human, but you will never be normal. You will always be different..."

"I just want to go home to Papa!" I cry into nothing, my legs turning to jelly beneath me. 

With my mouth open wide from my sobs, one of his tentacles strikes forward, filling me with his power that matches my own. It's suffocating, the metallic taste of blood permanently staining my tongue. Once he's finished, he removes himself from me, leaving my weakened body to collapse to the ground. Black blood spews from my mouth, wheezing being the only source of oxygen I have left. 

"Without me, you are weak. You are helpless. You are nothing." 

I continue to cry, curling into a tight ball at his seething words. I just want to go home, where I'm safe. Where Papa can protect me. 

"You belong to me now, (Y/N). You will do as I say or suffer for it!" 

My only response is to sob harder, letting my body shake to release the fear pent up inside. A softer thud compared to His approaches me. Slimy arms pick up my frail body and take me back to the portal, laying me in front of it. 

Multiple lab workers rush through and take me back to the normal world, all I can do is cry as they undress me from my suit. I'm probed and prodded, tests are done to me right there and then while I look up at Papa, safe in his glass room. Instead of consoling me, he smiles proudly. 

I'm not safe here, I never will be. I know I have to escape. 

"I can help with that, little one." 

I gasp and jump up, sending the techs into a frenzy as they try to pick me up, try to control me. 

"Papa! No! Papa!" I scream as they drag me out of the portal room, straight to where all of my pain resides. 

They drag me into the room and throw me into a chair, strapping me in it so tight I'm not sure I can feel my hands anymore. A headpiece is placed upon me as they frantically try to turn on all the machines to zap me into being the perfect little girl again. 

"Trust me..."

Stinging, shooting, torturous pain erupts from the headpiece. My only relief is to squeeze my eyes shut as hard as I can, letting the screams built up within me out. This goes on for only a second until it all stops. The smell of death invades my nose and small drops of cold hit my skin. It's quiet, so very quiet. 

"Open your eyes..."

When I do, I see Him, in all his glory, towering over me as slight shocks of lightning illuminate His figure. Beneath him is a sea of Demogorgans and Demodogs, all waiting for his command.

"They all are at your command, child. As soon as your sister reopens the gate, they will join you in their world. You will lead them into the invasion."

With a slow nod, I close my eyes tight again and scream with all my might, the same pain from before flowing through me like honey. When I open my eyes, I'm in the woods outside the lab. Without a second thought, I get up and run as fast as my legs will carry me. Once I'm far enough away, he returns. 

"Fulfill your destiny, (Y/N)."

Like hell I will.