Chapter 6: The Horror

A/N - Hey everyone! Sorry we've been gone for so long. But we're back and better then ever. We both have lots of ideas to share to be sure to stay tuned to the story. Thank you to everyone for sticking around for so long!

Once I make it through the portal, the familiar scent of death welcomes me and sends a shiver down my spine. I quickly dart my eyes as I take in my surroundings, looking for any signs of Nancy, besides her screaming. When I couldn't find her, and I only heard her screams, I began to walk backwards. Suddenly, I feel something bump into causing me too quickly turn around to see a frantic Nancy. That's when I see a large figure in the distance, knowing it means danger. Acting on instinct, I drag Nancy and me behind a slimy tree as the figure circles around us like a shark, growling in the process. While we sit like ducks, I close my eyes and call out to the figure, knowing that it is a Demogorgon.

"What do you want?" I ask silently. No answer.

"If you don't want anything then leave us alone." I think confidently.

"Now where's the fun in that?" A familiar voice echoes in my head.

Suddenly, a bright glow appears at the base of a tree right beside us and Jonathan's voice echoes from it. The Demogorgon growls, leaving me no choice but to grab Nancy and help her through the closing hole. After a few, intense seconds, Nancy makes it through the hole. I begin to crawl through it, the walls pushing against my body. I barely make it out as the tree trunk shuts it's door to the upside down.

_________________________________________

Thanks to Nancy, I was able to take a shower to get rid of all the guck that was stuck to my skin. Once I got out, there were some pyjamas laid on the counter in front of me. I quickly changed into them and left the steamy room, running into Nancy on the way back to her room. An awkward silence came between us, the events of tonight leaving our relationship on rocky terms. Finally, Nancy breaks the silence.

"Thank you. For saving me," she says quietly.

"It was no problem. I'm just worried." I confess.

"About what?" she asks.

"About how you are going to deal with what you saw," I reply quickly. "I know that I didn't deal with it well and I'm worried about your sanity."

"Thank you for worrying but I'll be fine," Nancy replies as she tries to walk away from me. But I grab her arm before she gets too far away.

"You may be fine now. But everything eventually catches up to you." I caution her.

Quickly walking away from the awkward situation, I enter Nancy's room and begin to collect my things. This catches Jonathan's attention instantly and he gently grabs my arm, forcing me to stop.

"Hey," he whispers, his soft voice bringing instant comfort. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," I answer with a small, forced smile on my face.

"I know your lying, (Y/N)," Jonathan whispers.

"I just want to get back to the house. Keep looking for Will." I reply truthfully. Before Jonathan could reply, Nancy walks into the room. Jonathan drops my arm and puts space between the two of us, giving me the chance to leave. I walk over to Nancy's window, quickly opening it with the small movement of my hand.