Chapter 8

Chapter 8-

Brinley's POV-

I wasn't the kind of girl who could spend all day everyday at the mall. I did however, enjoy going out with my best friend every once in a while. I also didn't grow up going to the mall all the time like Jazmin did. I was too busy training for the Alpha position. Which I apparently rocked at that because tonight is the coronation.

My favorite place to get a new dress was always Deb's. They had casual and fancy dresses all for decent prices! I hated paying too much for a dress I was sure to only wear once and end up donating it later.

We spent a good three hours trying on dresses and then going to other stores for shoes and accessories. If I hadn't built up such a great stamina as a wolf, I'm sure I'd be dropping dead. Jazmin brought a whole new meaning to shop until you drop.

We decided to sate our hunger at the food court. I got in line at Subway while Jaz went to get some pizza. While waiting for my ham and cheese sub to toast I smelt something simply mouthwatering. Not even my delicious sub could smell like that!

I turned my head behind me and saw a very very attractive man holding a girl's hand. My heart ached at that sight. My wolf howled inside me while screaming mate! Oh, shit. He turned once he smelt my scent and felt my gaze. His brown eyes met mine and they instantly held regret. Mine held so much hurt. The lady handed me my sub and I ran the opposite way to find Jazmin.

It wasn't in my Alpha nature to run away but it was in the teenage girl side of me. I couldn't contain the jealousy that lousy girl made me feel. He was mine! I yanked Jazmin away from her line and dragged her with me to my car.

As soon as we both slid into our seats and shut our doors I let my head fall against the steering wheel and groaned.

"What the hell was that about?" Jazmin asked.

"I found my mate.... He was with another girl." I sighed defeatedly.

She gasped in shock.

"Yeah. So let's just go please. I-" I started to say when my gaze was met with familiar brown eyes. I blinked away fast and started the car and sped out of the parking lot.

*******

Jazmin dressed me up like a rag doll in my new dress. She curled my hair and pinned it up into a neat elegant bun. She did my make-up. And it looked so well I told her she should be a make-up artist.

"Well, I'm going to go get ready. Your brother will be up soon to escort you to the ceremony." Jaz said and then left.

A few minutes later, I smelt my brother Aiden's scent as he came and knocked on my door.

"Hey darling sister of mine! Oh, or should I address you as Alpha now?" He teased.

"Aiden, you know how I feel about my family calling me by a title."

"I know sis. That's why I tease you.... Shall we go? Everyone is waiting."

I took a shaky breathe in before replying, "Yeah. I guess we should get this show on the road."

I wrapped my arm around his as he walked me down the staircase and into or ballroom where everyone was waiting. My dad had invited many pack's Alphas in hopes of me finding my mate. I didn't see him before I got ready today so he had no clue.

As we entered the ballroom everyone turned towards us. I tilted my chin up just a but higher and gave them all a radiant smile. Aiden walked up the stage with me and he took a seat off to my right next to my mother while I went up to the podium next to my dad.

"May I have your attention please." My dad started and the whole pack hushed into silence.

"We are gathered here today to announce your new Alpha. I will be stepping down and my first born, my beautiful daughter, Brinley will be taking over." He nodded to me and stepped aside. I stepped up closer to the microphone.

"Thank you. I appreciate all of your acceptance and will do my best to keep this pack together no matter what. Now let's eat!" I ended my speech and the party started.

Just as I stepped off the stage I found the familiar brown eyes of my mate.

"Hello there beautiful. Why did you run?"

**********

*Edited*