the morning

Emma

I woke up to the memories of the night. Me and Derek leaned into a kiss, but more of a peck. I felt the blush creep up my cheeks. 

"Well," I spoke to myself as I touched my lips where Derek pecked me, "you can sleep there." I then pointed to my pastel pink divan couch. After the small occurrence, I went to bed with my school cloths, too afraid to change, and now I'm here with a sleeping hybrid. I went out of my bed to change clothes and headed to my closet. 

As I was in search for an outfit, I found a cute black flared dress. I changed as quick as I could. On top of that, as I did have a bathroom, I curled my long, blonde hair and applied a light amount of makeup. I checked behind my wooden closet door to see if Derek was still sleeping, which he was. I was planning to wear the same low heel boots as I did when I discovered Derek. I walked out in a graceful way and poked Derek multiple times on the shoulder. His eyes started to open up slowly before realizing it was morning.

"Was I here the whole night?" He asked in confusion. I nodded my head. He faced his face on the divan couch, followed by a groan.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized in a muffled voice. "About everything." I looked at the back of his head, which was perfectly still in shape from yesterday, and told him not to worry about anything.

He looked at me in relief. "Ok, good. I thought you might not want me here since the incident. I shook my head in disagreement to Derek's relief.

"No! I let you sleep in my room last night. I mean, you didn't have anywhere to stay after all. It's on me. Don't worry. Now, let's go 'cause I absolutely have no clothes for you. You're gonna wear the same thing as you did yesterday." I said, pulling his arm out and dragged him to the kitchen.

I offered him a granola bar, but refused. "C'mon. Eat something dude. Don't you hybrid's get hungry after changing? I mean, all the energy to turn yourself." I persuaded him. He took in and grabbed it from my hands and started to devour the bar. I looked at how hungry he was, but didn't mind how he ate.

"Ok, get into the mustang. The white and vintage one, and I'll come right out. I just need to put on some heels. Ok, go!" I said to him. He listened and went. Once he went out the door, I went to the rack with shoes near the front door and looked for my heels. Then I realized that they were also in the car with Derek. Shit. I thought to myself. I had to walk barefoot, which I was pissed at myself. I walked on the rocky concrete with the bits of rocks pinging my foot. Once I reached my destination with Derek already with shoes and smiling to me, I looked at him with an angry expression.

"Why me?" I asked the sky with a joking matter. He let a laugh out and I went into the driver's seat, put on my low heel boots, and drove off to school with Derek changing the radio every 3 minutes.

"Dude, you can't change every radio station to find your favorite song. Don't you use Spotify or something? It's called a radio for a reason." I pointed a very obvious point.

"I know." Derek replied. "I'm just bored. And your house is like 15 to 20 minutes away from school."

"Ok, let's play 20 questions then. Only with five." I requested. Derek looked at me with confusion.

"What's that?"

"It's a game where I ask a question and then you answer. Visa versa." He nodded his head with agreement.

"Ok, I'll start," I said to Derek as I drove off to school.