Prologue, Part 1

Prologue, Part 1:

"Yeah! I'm really feeling it now, bros! We're gonna take down Shredder and his chumps tonight!" Concealed by the darkness of night, a figure leapt across the rooftops of New York, a short orange bandana flapping in the wind behind him as he yelled, surprisingly not alerting anyone of his presence.

"Mikey! You idiot! Keep it down, or they'll find us before we find them!" The orange-clad shadow stopped on a large flat rooftop, moonlight illuminating his round green face, with an orange mask tied around the top. Another followed, landing on the same roof with hardly any sound, long red mask falling over his shoulder as he knocked on Mikey's head with a frown.

Two more figures landed on the roof. One clad in blue with swords on his back, sheathed in a leathery pouch, and another, with a long purple mask tangling with the bow-staff held in place by a belt. A streetlight passed over the four figures as they stood on the roof, revealing what they were.

They were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The tallest one pulled a small device out of a satchel tied around his shell. Pointing it at a large building in front of the rooftop they were perched on, he frowned, turning towards the others. "I just confirmed it; a huge supply of mutagen is inside that building. Whatever Shredder's doing with it, it can't be good. We need to move now, Leo." He turned towards the blue-clad turtle, who was unsheathing his katanas with a quiet metallic shing. As he spoke, the wind blew across his face, making his long purple mask tails flap behind him, and a quiet whistle was heard from the air blowing through a small gap in his teeth.

"Got it. Okay, here's the plan." Leo crouched down, pulling out a zipline gun from the side of his belt and cocking it into place. "Donnie, Mikey, you go and disarm the security systems and cut the power. Create a distraction, then meet us inside. Raph, you come with me and scope out the supply of mutagen, giving the signal for you two to-"

"Oh, for crying out loud, we get it!" Raph whispered, irritated. He pulled out another zipline gun with his name carved into it with four crude letters. "Find the goo, give it to Don, and he'll take care of it. Let's go!" The four brothers stood up, aiming their respective guns and firing simultaneously. The lines attached themselves to the building's jagged edges, locking on, as Leo, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey slid across the thin wires, silently. Once they landed on the roof of Shredder's lair, they blinked, losing their pupils and going into full ninja mode.

Donnie and Mikey split off from the other two, finding the fuse box and crouching down. The taller brother works quickly on the different cables, sticking his tongue out in concentration. Mikey, on the other hand, occupied himself by petting the pigeons as they landed on the building, cooing at them and giggling. "Shush!" Donnie whispered, holding a green finger up to his lips and pointing at a small box on the top of the roof. "That's a microphone. If you're too loud, it'll catch onto us and send an army of FootBots after us! You really want that?"

Mikey shook his head as Donnie went back to work. He pulled out one final wire before smiling, giving the thumbs up to his younger brother. Mikey grabbed a walkie-talkie he had been carrying, whispering into it before taking off the side of the building with his brother.

Meanwhile, Leo and Raph snuck through an open window pane, pulling out their weapons and crawling across the beams holding up the ceiling. Shredder's throne was empty, with Rahzar, the giant mutant dog, curled up next to a heating vent, and Fishface, the huge red fish with robotic legs, floating around on a water current around his large aquarium. Both showed no signs of stirring from their sleep, but the two ninjas still crept silently across the roof.

They traveled from room to room, sticking to the walls and ducking behind every shadow they could find. Eventually, they came to a large, open laboratory, with a half man, half fly buzzing around it, gathering ingredients and pouring it into a large tub of glowing green liquid: mutagen. The turtles crawled up the wall and onto the edge of the room, just as Mikey's voice came softly through the walkie-talkie. Leo whispered back as Raph readied his Sais, watching the fly very carefully. "Baxter Stockman..." He grumbled, having no intention of playing with his name to annoy him. Leo hushed him, as they crouched on the wall, unmoving, their brothers creeping through the building towards the lab.

A few minutes later, and the orange and purple-clad turtles joined them on the ledge. Donnie analyzed the scene, before picking up a small stone and hauling it through the corridor that left the room, it landing with a clatter down the hall. It bounced a few times off the walls before sliding across the floor, and it immediately got Stockman's attention. The oversized fly zipped out of the lab, traveling down the corridors to find, what he believed, intruders, when really he passed the small stone, not even glancing at it. With him gone, the ninjas jumped off of their hiding spot, landing silently on the hard concrete floor. Donnie immediately got to work on the computers, while Raph guarded the entrance, Mikey looked around aimlessly, and Leo checked the chambers the fly had in his lab.

Donnie hacked the computers with ease, shutting down Stockman's computers and importing the files that were on it onto a small flash drive he would look at later. Slipping it into his belt's pocket, he looked at the jars and tubs of ingredients that were just being poured into the large supply of mutagen. Then, something on the desk caught his eye. Grabbing it, he breathed a low whistle, placing it with the flash drive and signaling his brothers to make their escape. Mikey leapt off the desk he was sitting on, knocking an empty jar to the floor with a crash. It shattered, making him freeze, wide-eyed, as his brothers stared at him.

"MIKEY!!" They all screamed, their voices echoing through the room, out of the corridor, and catching the ear of a fly, a dog, a fish, and worst of all, a man. Baxter Stockman, Rahzar, Fishface, and the Shredder dashed into the lab, colliding with the four ninjas. Not needing a beatdown after an almost-successful mission, Leo threw a smoke bomb on the ground, causing the four enemies to cough as the brothers made their escape. Shredder cursed under his breath once the smoke cleared, as Stockman practically launched himself at his lab to check his experiments, screaming in rage once he figured out what the turtles had done to his precious data stored on his computers.

Gleeful, the brothers ran through the city's shadows, finding the nearest manhole cover and lifting it up. They climbed down, Donatello last, as he pulled the cover back over the street, being the tallest. The turtles gave each other quiet high-threes before tiptoeing back to their sewer lair, teeth gritted as they didn't dare to wake their sleeping master, Splinter. If he found out what the boys had done that night, they'd have to deal with something far worse than grounded.

To love and to let go // Donatello x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara