Nerd

You trot over to Donnie and catch up, walking briskly to keep up. You looked over at him, absorbing everything about him into your mind. He was much taller than you, him being at least 5"10'. His skin was not really skin at all, but more of a mix of human skin and a reptile's scales. His shell bent when he moved, not like any turtle you've ever seen where it was held firmly in one place. He must have noticed you staring, glancing down at you for a moment. You quickly look away, but you see him grin out of the corner of your eye. "What are you staring at, exactly?"

You blushed slightly. He was strangely out of character, completely different than the awkward, adorkable nerd you've seen on TV. Apparently the nickname he's given on Tumblr, Sassatello, is accurate when he isn't in any episode. "Well, look at it from my perspective. A character I've watched for 3 years is now walking right next to me, in better quality than any HD I've ever seen. You can't blame me, really."

He smiled. "I guess I can't. Like, what if Leo met Captain Ryan in real life? He'd probably do the same."

"Yeah, but his head would probably explode. I'm surprised mine hasn't, honestly." You giggle as we reach the end of the hall, stopping at a door that had a sign on it, written oddly in Japanese.

"Donatello's Room: Enter only if you have an IQ or 150 or higher?" You read. "Well, I'm glad I have an IQ of 171, or else I'd be sleeping in Mikey's pigpen of a room." Donnie looked at you curiously, smiling gently. "Nice. You're smart. I have an IQ of 637, but you know, 170's pretty good too. Wait, hold on. You speak Japanese?"

You nodded. "Japanese was one of the languages I speak, as I've always had a passion for learning new languages and memorizing complicated things." You grinned. "I've been teased multiple times for being a nerd, but I've learned to take it as a compliment."

He pushed open the door, holding it for you. "Well then, nerd, welcome to your new home." He grinned a toothy grin, exposing his small, admittedly adorable tooth gap. You chuckle, blushing softly. "Thank you." You say, walking into the room.

The room was surprisingly clean, the bed folded neatly with a lamp on the side table. The desk on the side has a microscope, a few test tubes, and multiple journals strewn across it. A computer sits on top of the desk as well, with a cabinet on the other side and posters strewn across the walls. The posters showed a few bands, but it was mostly famous scientists or blueprints for inventions I recognized: The T-Phone, Turtle Mech, and Shellraiser. Donnie switches on the light, and you look around the room.

"Whoa...I've never seen your room before. It's never shown on the show, since you're always depicted in your lab, drinking energy drinks and blowing up half the sewer. Actually, this room is really close to mine I had at home." You walked over and sat on the bed, taking it all in. The clock on the wall said 11:20 PM, and suddenly you feel extremely tired.

"I think I'm gonna sleep, Don. Do you need me to do anything for your experiments?" You subconsciously walk over to the cabinet, but then remember you have no pajamas. You simply kick off your shoes and flop down on the bed, sighing.

"Yeah, I do need one thing." He grabs a small test tube and walks over to you. "Would you mind donating a sample of Deoxyribonucleic acid?"

I frown. "Donnie, I'm not spitting in that test tube." The purple-clad turtle chuckles. "You don't need to. I just need a strand of hair, that'll work the same." You pluck out a single hair, wincing for a second, before dropping it in the test tube as Donnie puts the cap on the glass vial.

"Thanks, (y/n). I'll see you in the morning, okay?" I wave and say a small goodnight, as Donnie walks out of the room and closes the door.

You curl up under the blankets, a bit uncomfortable in your loose T-Shirt and jeans, but you find a soft spot. Clutching a pillow, you close your eyes and try to fall asleep, your brain still buzzing from the events of the day. You find yourself drifting in and out of consciousness, your mind fighting with you, as it's always found it difficult falling asleep in a new place, and apparently other dimensions. You eventually slip into a deep sleep, smiling as you dream of new places and teenage turtles.