Prologue, Part 2

Silently, the four brothers tiptoed through the empty subway entrances, stepping over every potential noise. They assumed their Sensei was either in a deep meditative trance or sleeping, and years of training had trained Hamato Yoshi to wake up at the slightest sound, in case it was an enemy.

Donatello split off first, carrying all of his equipment towards his lab. Raph and Leo sneaked towards their rooms, dropping their weapons quietly in the holders on the inside of their doors. Mikey went towards his own room, but was distracted by an open pizza box in the living room. It couldn't hurt to have one slice... Mikey thought to himself. He quickly patted over to the box, looking around to make sure his brothers didn't see him and get mad at him for being so risky. Grabbing a slice and shoving it in his mouth, he started to sneak back towards his room.

But then, of course, Mikey didn't realize where he was going, and stepped on the remote to the TV in the middle of the room. The TV set sprung to life, lighting up the room with Crognard the Barbarian and screaming sound all throughout the underground lair. Immediately, the other brothers popped their heads out of their rooms, eyes popping out of their heads like an anime character, making rapid hand motions to get him out of there before their father rushed into the room.

The youngest brother slapped a hand over his face, scrambling to turn off the TV and dash to his room. He turned it off with a sigh, but as he was about to spin towards the hallway that lead to his bedroom, Splinter opened the dojo room, a furious look on his face.

"Michelangelo!" He said, with a stern tone and furrowed brows. Mikey stood straight up, stammering as his brothers ducked their heads back into their rooms. "Explain. Now!"

Mikey bit his lip. "Well, you see, Sensei...I had to get up to get some water! I was really tired....and I didn't see where I was going, and I stepped on the remote! Yeah!" He smiled, his hands held behind his back. "So, if you'll excuse me, I'm just gonna get some water..." He started sliding away towards the kitchen, but Splinter tapped his staff on the ground and the orange-clad turtle straightened his spine at once.

"If you were just waking up," The rat said, raising an eyebrow. "Then why are your kusarigamas in their holders?" He pointed a bony finger towards Mikey's nunchucks, still in their holsters from the mission, as the teen looked up at his master, a sweat drop beading down his forehead. Splinter wasn't going to buy anything he said. He was like a human-well, rat lie detector. The sensei looked towards the rooms, seeing a red mask tail flutter inside the door at the last second.

Before his sensei could say anything, Donnie sprung out of his lab, an eager look on his face. "Master Splinter!" He called, holding up a small piece of tech. "I've just made an incredible discovery! Get the others; you'll all want to see this!"

Quickly, the three other ninjas and their sensei came into the lab, looking at Donnie. He had a few crudely-drawn blueprints and notes scattered across his desk, but he covered them up as he leaned against the flat surface. "I've discovered a very important Kraang piece of tech, one that we thought was gone for good when we defeated them." Holding up a small, metallic panel that had three octagonal buttons on it, Donnie smiled, looking very proud. The others in the room just shrugged before the genius continued. "This is one of the portals the Kraang had, only slightly different. I've done a bit of quick reverse-engineering, and I've found out that this doesn't go to Dimension X!"

Leo stepped forward, looking at his brother. "If it doesn't go to their dimension, where does it go?"

Donnie shrugged. "I haven't tested it yet. It could be a parallel universe, or another dimension the Kraang might have conquered! All I know is that it's a place we have never been to, and we have no idea what's there."

"Aw, so I won't be able to be smart there?" Mikey whined, hanging his head as his older brother shook his head, a slight grin on his face.

"We aren't going through the portal right now, Mikey. We should at least stick some sort of item through to see if it's safe. We could probabl-"

"SWEET!" Mikey suddenly yelled, dashing from the room in a flash, leaving his confused brothers. He returned a few seconds later, holding a long pole with his T-Phone attached to one end. "I can finally use my Selfie Stick April bought me!" He danced from foot to foot, grinning. Donnie sighed, reaching up and turning the small phone's video camera on. "Go ahead." The oldest brother said.

Mikey smiled, his freckles practically flying off his face. He gently poked the stick through the swirling pink mist. He held it there, waiting for a few seconds, and then bringing it back in.

The four brothers gathered around the phone, seeing if there was anything on the phone. The video rendered, and was about to play, but then the portal started making odd noises. Mikey paused the video, and they all stared at the pink swirls.

Slowly, a hand extended through the portal.