01. Who are you?

10 years ago   I leaned against a tree my eyes shut as I listened happily to the birds

10 years ago

I leaned against a tree my eyes shut as I listened happily to the birds. I smiled at their happy song when it stopped. I opened my eyes looking up at them. They stared off in the distance before taking off into flight. I furrowed my eyes brows standing from the dirt. I stalked slowly ready if something came for me, the leaves rustled loudly behind me causing me to turn to see a man. He looked last, confused almost. "Hello," he spoke, I looked at him tilting my head.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice thick as I stared at him. He seemed to want to evade my question as he looked around me.

"I seem to have lost my way," he said I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion

"Who are you?" I asked once more

"I am..." he paused "I am Challa," he said I narrowed my eyes "Who are you?" He asked me

"I am Ayana, what are you doing here?" I continued to question him.

"Like I said before, I seem to have lost my way," Challa spoke, I noticed his clothing was dirty, he was caked in dirt and his shirt was stained in blood. His hands were holding what seemed to be a wound on his side. I stepped forward cautiously.

"You're hurt," I said taking another step. He looked down frowning but nodding nonetheless.

"An animal of sorts was chasing me and I guess it's claw caught me," I frowned pushing his hand away from his wound to see it wasn't that large but still bled quite a bit.

"Come," I said turning from him and making my way through the trees. "My village is just over there," I told him "we can offer some aid, and food and help you find your way,"

"Thank you," he thanked I nodded turning my head away from him as we walked silently back to my home. The forest was quiet, the sounds of animals and the soft sounds of the wind pushing the leaves and the chaotic noise of the stream that was a little farther up.