30. The secrets that lied beyond forest

We walked through the center waiting for T'Challa's big speech about opening Wakanda up to the world

   We walked through the center waiting for T'Challa's big speech about opening Wakanda up to the world. The nerves settled in my stomach as I stared at the people walking in. The red dress restricting my movements and the high black heels clicking on the marble tile. I smiled politely at people twisting the diamond ring on my finger. When the time came I stood behind T'Challa next to Nakia and Okoye with one of the Dora Milaje beside her. "My name is King T'Challa son of King T'Chaka. I am the Sovereign ruler of the nation of Wakanda and for the first time in our history, we will be sharing our knowledge and resources with the outside world. Wakanda will no longer watch from the shadows. We cannot, we must not, we will work to be an example of how we as brothers and sisters on this Earth should treat each other," T'Challa spoke his voice traveling through the room.

   "Now, more than ever the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth, more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges while the foolish build barrier. We must find a way to look after one another," T'Challa continued I looked to Okoye than to Nakia who smiled to me. We all felt it, the change in the course of the Wakandan history. "As if we were one single tribe,"

   "With all due respect, King T'Challa what can a nation of farmers have to offer the rest of the world," With that, we all smirked knowing the secrets that lied beyond the forest.