23. Special bond

Ross' eyes opened, I stood from my chair beside him as he looked around registering his surroundings

   Ross' eyes opened, I stood from my chair beside him as he looked around registering his surroundings. He sat up grunting out slightly as I watched him get more confused. He started to feel his back for the wound. "Alright where am I," I walked for him as he startled Shuri.

   "Don't scare me like that, colonizer, Ayana why didn't you warn me?" She asked I shrugged with a smirk that she didn't miss.

   "Col- What? My name is Everett," He introduced after stammering on his words

   "We know," I said he looked at me

   "Everett Ross, former air force pilot, and now CIA," Shuri said turning back to whatever she is working on.

   "Right," he paused looking around "Okay is this Wakanda?" he asks looking at me

   "No, it's Kansas," Shuri said sarcastically causing me to snort

   "How long ago was Korea?" He asks

   "It's been a day Agent," I told him trying to gauge his reaction

   "I don't think so, bullet holes don't just magically heal overnight," He says Shuri smirks

   "They do here," She says to him "But not by magic by technology, don't touch anything my brother will return soon," Shuri warns causing me to laugh. I watch as he walks to the large window staring out curiously.

   "I had the same reaction," I tell him "It never gets old," I say standing next to him

   "You're not Wakandan?" I shook my head

   "Zoyan, it's a village right outside of Wakanda, T'Challa and I just have a... special bond," I say I her Shuri snort

   "If you call dating my brother but refusing to marry him a special bond," Shuri teases I turn to stick my tongue out at the teen who returned the gesture.

   "These train things, that's magnetic levitation, right?"

   "Obviously," She answers

   "Obviously, but I've never seen it this efficient," he chuckles turning to look again before asking another question "The light panels, what are they?"

   "Sonic stabilizers,"

   "Sonic what?"

   "In its raw form vibranium is too dangerous to be transported at that speed," She spoke excitedly standing from her seat to walk over to us in quick strides "so I developed a way to temporarily deactivate it,"

   "There's vibranuim on those trains?" He asks

   "There is vibranium everywhere Agent," I say "That's how she healed you," she smirks nodding at the man. She laughs when the kimoyo beads around our wrists buzz. Shuri puts her finger up as we put our wrists next to one another.

   "Where is T'Challa? His kimoyo beads have been switched off,"

   "Well we aren't joined at the hip, Okoye," Shuri says a slight giggle in her voice. I watch Ross out of the corner of my eye look at the vision of the Wakandan general in confusion.

   "A man showed up at the border, who claims to have killed Klaue," That made her amused attitude dropped

   "W'Kabi is transporting him as we speak, to the palace, we need to find your brother," I sighed

   "I think I know where he is," I say 

   "An outsider?" Shuri asks

   "No a Wakandan," Okoye says

   "He's not a Wakandan," Ross says shaking his head "He's one of ours," I frowned

   "I'll go find T'Challa and meet you here," Shuri nodded I hugged her kissing her on the head "Everything will be okay omncinci" I said before saying goodbye to Ross and leaving the building in a hurry.