Chapter 3: Joining the tribe ?

"Welcome, Luke, we have many things to discuss"

"Erm, I'm guessing you're the tribe leader?"

"Indeed I am. I have an offer for you.
She had a British accent, and her voice seemed like it could be comforting, but also harsh, and direct. That was perfect for a leader, many different approaches could considerably ease socializing. I was impressed by that woman, who reminded me of a respected wolf pack leader, as well as a caring mother. Suddenly, I felt a warm feeling through my spine. I had the feeling she would protect everyone she could.
" I don't understand. An... offer?"

" Yes. You might be a bit confused about all of this, but I assure you that no one will harm you as long as inside the camp."

"So... I'm not...some kind of prisoner?"

"Of course not! Did you, at any point in time, feel threatened ?"

A huge relief ran through me, as I realized I hadn't been captured, but saved.

"Anyways, how would you like to join this tribe?"

Ummm... What was I supposed to say? I mean, even though they saved me and looked friendly, I wasn't sure if I could trust them. But a direct decline wouldn't be the best thing to do. I was completely lost. I couldn't accept.Not now.
I spoke firmly,but felt hesitation in my voice.
" I'm sorry ma'am, but I need to think about it for a while, before I can just..take the offer like that. I hope you'll understand, I can't trust anyone just like that."

"I see."
I could've sworn I saw deception in her eyes when she said those two words.
She stared at her desk for what seemed like ages. Man I hate those akward silences.

"Luke, I understand your choice, and I will not restrain you, but know this: it's almost impossible to survive this world alone."

"I understand. Thank you for everything, for saving me, for keeping me safe and for trusting me."
She clapped her hands and smiled, but something felt wrong with that smile.

" Well, it's settled then. We will give you clothes food and tools to survive. Pop will take you to the limits of the camp."
At that very moment, the door slammed open and Pop rushed in, with her smiled slapped on her face

" What? What? Someone called me? I heard my name ! I assure you Tess I heard someone say my name and it wasn't me going crazy at..."

"Pop, have you been listening to this conversation?"

Tess,which was apparently her name, used a cold, calm voice, that could freeze you where you stood and stab you to break you in a million pieces. That anger was frightening, and I could see it on Pop's eyes. She was terrified.
She bowed and said with a miserable voice.

"I'm sorry Tess. It won't happen again"

I had never imagined someone like Pop apologizing, so she must've had a good reason to do so. I understood that Tess was feared more than respected, which was the contrary of everything I was told.the tribe leader turned to me and gazed upon me, her orange eyes burning trough mine.

"You, go with Pop and get out of here quickly before I call Mercy!"

At the mention of Mercy, Pop's eyes got wider and she started shaking, and I could guess it wasn't because of the cold. Her face got darker and she dragged me out of the office, far away from a furious Tess.

OMG WORST CHAPTER EVER I'M SO SORRY IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, do you think Luke will join the tribe?
Don't stop living.