Chapter 5: Meet Exo

A month after declining Tess's invitation

The bushes were offering me coverage as I was spying on the convoy. I was on a cliff, just next to the forest, and I was planning to attack a group of soldiers belonging to the diamond rexes who were on the beach,lower and completely unawares that someone was about to steal all of their goodies. I checked the danger levels: low. Good. One diplodocus, ten men, one, no, two raptors and a trike. I'd have to take the raptors out first. I had fifteen tranquilizer arrows. More than enough to take on the two raptors. Only, I needed a diversion. Throwing a smoke grenade at them would give away my position. I needed something else. What about... a smoke grenade? (A/N I know it's confusing but you'll understand)
I took one of them out of my inventory and threw it at my feet. I had three seconds before the smoke effect started. I ran as fast as I could to get to their level and as soon as they tilted their heads to where I was three seconds ago, I dashed to reach the first raptor, still confused about the smoke. I shot the first arrow which hit its foot, and the second one came three seconds after the first shot, The arrow cut through the air, spinning and gaining speed, and finally hit the raptor in the neck. He froze for a second, then looked at me, and dropped on the sand, unconscious. The second raptor dashed and leaped to claw my head with his back feet, but I rolled over and shot him as he was in mid air, and by time he landed, another arrow met his stomach. He immediately fell on the ground, asleep. I checked the rest of the crew. The men were reloading their crossbows and the trike was running towards me. I threw another smoke grenade and ran over to the diplodocus, which I knew was harmless. I threw a bunch of poison grenades into the cloud of smoke, and waited. When the smoke cleared, I saw four of the soldiers and their trike sleeping, along with the raptors. The other men didn't dare to shoot me, as they knew that they would hurt their own dino. I checked the inventory of the diplo. Metal, crystal and obsidian. Jackpot. The problem was that I would never be able to carry all of the
resources
Suddenly, one of the soldiers spoke.
-Oi! You up there! Surrender already! You know you're surrounded! What are you expecting to do, genius ?

-There's plenty of things I'm expecting to do, and to surrender is not one of them! Taking all of your resources is one of those, though...
While I was taunting them, and making them mad (I love making people mad),
I was transferring as much metal to myself and loading my crossbow with a grappling hook. I taunted him one last time.
-When you see your boss, tell him I said hi !
I fired at the cliff, and the grappling hook gripped the rocky surface of it.
I heard the arrows fly next to my head as I pulled myself up, and reached safety. As soon as I knew that they couldn't shoot me anymore, I whistled my parasaurolophus, Jungle ( because she was as green as the jungle) to help me carry all of the metal I stole.three hundred ingots. That was enough metal for a week, maybe two.As I was heading to the lair, I could hear the leader yell at his soldiers,saying that they were the worst soldiers of the whole tribe. I smiled. At least they had a tribe. I snapped out of my thoughts and checked how many resources I used to attack the convoy. Four tranq arrows, two smoke grenades, five poison grenades and a grappling hook.
Most of the items I used were stolen from other tribes. No big losses. I decided using the short way home cutting through the forest. It was relatively safe and it was shorter than going round. The only problems were the raptors. I hoped for a short and uneventful walk, but as always, my karma was as bad as a dodo was at fighting. Ten minutes after entering the forest, a pack of three raptors started sneaking around us, sometimes, I could see a flash of red or green through the trees. I unsheathed my sword. You can never be too careful. We kept moving forward with the raptors for two minutes when suddenly, one of them pounced on Jungle. I had no choice but to kill the animal. I did so in two hits, I wanted to protect Jungle. The second raptor dashed from the trees and aimed for my head, but as I did earlier, I rolled over and switched from the sword to my trusty crossbow and fired thrice. Only, I had forgotten to switch arrows. The raptor, instead of dying, fell asleep. I didn't have time to take care of him. I reluctantly pulled out a fabricated pistol and shot the third who instantly fell on the ground. Man I hated guns. I checked on Jungle. She was okay. Good. I inspected my surroundings, and it seemed like we were alone. I could breathe for a moment. I looked at the unconscious raptor. A part of me wanted to finish him. I had the power to end him swiftly. But the other... the other part wanted me to tame him more than everything. It was growing inside me, until it took over. I leaned to check his heart. Still beating, but extremely slowly. He was knocked out for a while. I fed him when he was showing signs of hunger, and within an hour, I had tamed a Utharaptor as red as blood. His name was Exo.

Hi guys! Here's a new chapter with a ton of action and Luke's two friends, Jungle and Exo !
Also, I've decided to add a mini "dino-pedia" at the end of each chapter, to help people that aren't familiar with dinos. It'll include every new dinosaur in the chapter.

Dino-Pedia
-carno (chapter 2) carnivore theropod, hunts alone or in small groups(2,3 members) recognized by its signature horns( which is why he is named meat eating bull: carnotaurus)
Diplo: sauropod also known as longnecks, lives in small groups, uses his tail as a whip to defend himself.
Trike: Triceratops, three horned face, Herbivore, lives in groups
Raptor: just watch Jurassic Park (even though the JP raptors are supposed to be velociraptors and the ARK raptors are utahraptors)
Parasaurolophus:herbivore, lives in large herds, has a signature horn on the back of his head, using it to communicate. Duckbill dinosaur
A/N Just to make it clear, some of the infos may be false, I do not pretend to own the whole truth.
DFL out.:)