Chapter 4: Try not to die

-Tess...

-What is it, Andreï? Can't you see that I'm angry?

-I think you've made it pretty clear that you're not in a good mood. I just want to know why you're so mad.

-Luke refused to join the tribe.I almost sent Mercy on him.

-Don't you think sending an overpowered Trex on a knew guy is... overreacting? Plus, I don't see why you're so angry, I hate trusting strangers. You should, to.
In this world, you kill or you die. There's no time for happiness, friendship and love...

-I was so confident, Andreï... So, so confident he'd join. He could have been a very valuable member...

-Tess, we can do fine without him. Just look at the camp! It's enormous! We could almost wage war against the alpha tribe if we wanted to! Isn't that enough?

-Maybe you're right, Andreï...Just maybe...

-Of course I am. I'm always right.

Pop and I were walking towards the walls, and she was explaining how the tribe system worked.
-In every tribe, there's a tribe leader, and every other member must listen to him. Tribes can raid other tribes (A/N sorry there's a lot of 'tribes' in this sentence) for resources or power. The biggest, most powerful tribe is called the "alpha tribe". It rules over the whole Island and can either decimate anyone, or give resources to smaller tribes. The alpha tribe is called the Golden gigas. They've taken down bosses many times.Then,  hierarchically, there's the diamond diplos, the ruby rexes, the silver sabers and the bronze brontos. We are currently the Silver Sabers and the smaller tribes have no official name.

-Excuse me... you were talking about bosses ?

-Bosses are the strongest creatures of the Island. They are so powerful that they have to be summoned with gifts. Rare items. There are three bosses:
The broodmother, the megapithecus and the dragon. Our tribe defeated the broodmother once, at the cost of many men but...

Her smile came back ,as she showed me the green banner towering over Tess's office

-Whoever sees this will understand that raiding us is a HUGE mistake.Plus, defeating a boss means getting a ton of goodies.
Anyway, each member of the tribe has a role and each role is equally important.

-So...what are you?

-I'm a tamer! She announced proudly
I tame dinos and bring them to the enclosure, to serve the tribe as well as being great companions !!
Then, she whistled and a bird-like dinosaur swooped down from the sky and landed on the young girl's shoulder.
-Luke, this is my archaeopteryx, Epsilon.

Epsilon had red feathers, except for the head, which was yellow. His big eyes and little friendly smirk instantly reminded me of Pop.
-Awww... he's so cute!!!
-I know, right? Tess didn't want me to tame him,but I couldn't resist. He's kinda like the mascot of the tribe...

-So... what about people like me ? You know... people that don't have a tribe ?

-Oh, they're very rare, and usually, they end up dying very fast.

-Oh, ok...
After everything I heard,I was starting to reconsider Tess's offer, but we arrived at a big wooden gate and I didn't have the chance to ask Pop to talk to Tess.

-Well, this is it...she said with a sad smile.
-This are the limits of the camp. I'll give you a hint for survival:
If you go left, you'll end up on a beach, near a forest,which is relatively safe, but not very exciting. At your right, there's a red-wood and a mountain. It's quite dangerous,but the resources and the dinos you can get there make it worth it.

-Thanks so, so much Pop, this is really nice of you.

-Don't mention it.

She gave me fresh clothes, a spear, a bunch of metal tools, a water jar, some food, a torch, and a bunch of notes. As she gave them to me, she said:

-Those notes contain information about every single dinosaur we know. How to tame them, where to find them...

I took a look to the sheets: they were very complete. Maybe even a little too much.

-Again, thanks.

-Oh come on! You're being so official an boring!! Give me a break!! Just take everything and go so I don't have to look at your red face! Why are you blushing  anyways?

-I'M NOT...BLUSHING OKAY??!!

-Suuure...Of course

We chatted for ten minutes, watching pteranodons fly over the camp.

-Try not to die, okay?

-Well I think it's pretty safe to say that no one wants to die so... I'll try.

-That's true...Ermmm... do you think you'll come around again?

-Yeah! Sure! If I don't die,I mean.

-No...I think you're perfectly fit for survival!

-Well. I think I better get going before it gets dark.

-Well, okay then... I'll... see you around, I guess...

-Yup... this is... awkward...

-No kidding...

This did not end up being a good chapter... anyways, I promise there will be some action in the next one! This one was quite...cheesy:(
Also, if you want to read another ARK story, be sure to check out Cypher16 !
Her story is WAY better than mine ( in my opinion)
(Also, if you want some details on the story that I may have forgotten, ask me in the comments) :)