Kiss the Girl | Reader x Makoto Tachibana

Kiss the Girl from the Little Mermaid

Reader x Makoto

♪ Percussion

You sat on one of the plastic poolside chairs with your best friend Gou, although she preferred to be called Kou. You usually sat there during her club's practices to keep her company. What club? The swim club of course!

♪ Strings

You weren't one for talking to others, you actually preferred to pretend that you were mute. An odd thing to do...but over the years you'd come to realize that if you kept quiet and minded your own business...then nothing bad would happen.

♪ Winds

You wouldn't make friends then in turn, over time of course, loose them. You wouldn't share anything about yourself and in turn nothing about you would be used against you. It was lonely yeah, but nobody would be able to harm you. And boy were you tired of being hurt.

♪ Words

The swim club was the only exception. Well to the opening up to part. And by that I mean you'd sit in on their practices and visit with them all. Obviously you still refused to talk. Honestly, the teacher's never even talked to you. The only one who really wouldn't give up on you was Gou. You spoke to her a few times, but that was it. She seemed annoyed that you wouldn't speak but she, at the same time, didn't pry into your affairs to make you speak. Because of the lack of attention, you were generally referred to as 'Shizukanako' which meant 'quiet child'. You didn't mind this either.

"so...Shizu~" Gou called affectionately using the short form she'd given you "are you going to stare at him all day?"

You blushed and tore your gaze from the brunette currently whining at his friend, Haru, who had jumped into the pool before he could finish speaking. He turned toward you girls with a slightly confused face, probably feeling your gaze that had been upon him.

♪ There you see her

♪ Sitting there across the way

♪ She don't got a lot to say

♪ But there's something about her

♪ And you don't know why

♪ But you're dying to try

♪ You wanna kiss the girl

"you have such the crush Shizu..." She sighed dreamily "it's so cute~"

To this you gave her a sheepish and shy smile while you pushed some stray hair behind your ear

"don't worry Shizu! I'll fix everything!!!"

For some reason...this scared you.

♪ Yes, you want her

♪ Look at her, you know you do

♪ It's possible she wants you, too

♪ There is one way to ask her

♪ It don't take a word

♪ Not a single word

♪ Go on and kiss the girl

♪ Sing with me now

It had been almost a month since that day. You sipped your iced drink as you sat on the area of towels. You had been dragged along with the club to the beach. The guys were all swimming, although it looked more like playing to you, in the ocean while you and Gou watched. The teacher in charge of the club was passed out with a book over her face. The poor woman had brought a small stack of homework and was marking but fatigue had gotten the better of her.