Despacito

I can't believe I'm doing this right now. I guess I don't really have a choice, but still, I can't believe I'm leaving Gabrielle to take care of Alexa in the bathroom. I mean, it was either that or let Gabrielle go look for Harry, and that certainly is not about to happen. They've already had enough interaction this evening, and it is not about to continue if I have anything to say about it. I still don't know what was said between them, but I do know that whatever it was, I'm going to get Harry to tell me about it whether he likes it or not. He's probably going to think I'm so insanely jealous, but you know, I really don't care at this point. I just need some peace of mind.

Anywho, I left the bathroom probably about three minutes ago and I haven't seen a single person I recognize. If Harry's not even with Gabrielle, then where the hell is he? Deciding that I'm probably not going to find him by just walking around, I return to the bar to people watch for a moment while I wait for Harry to respond to my text asking him where he is. Sipping on my water, I keep my eyes searching the crowd in hopes that a certain curly-headed man should approach me. However, that is not what ends up happening.

John stumbles over to me and leans his elbow on the bar, leaving his friends with their dates in the mosh pit of a dance floor. His blond hair is disheveled and he is sweating profusely. You know, I used to think John was attractive, but now, seeing him just so sloppy, I really don't think so anymore. Oh, and the fact that he has been an asshole to Alexa all night adds to that unattractiveness as well.

"Are you looking for your man-whore of a boyfriend?" John shouts, the smell of liquor fanning across my face.

Um, what the shit? He's just gonna insult Harry to my face now? Okay, I see how it is.

I am about to sass John, but he cuts me off, "Because if you are, he's over there making out with Gabrielle."

That's impossible. Gabrielle is in the bathroom with Alexa. John's just making shit up to get me to hate Harry so that I'll come crying to him. He's sadly mistaken if he thinks such a silly plan would actually work. I'm not drunk enough for that shit.

I'm actually really pissed at John right now. First, he ditches his girlfriend with a bunch of people she doesn't know. Second, drunk or not, he has just insulted the man I love and has accused him of cheating on me with the girl I hate. The latter of the two really just sends me over the edge. Yes, Harry's behavior in the last twenty minutes has been very suspicious and confusing, but I refuse to assume anything until I speak with him directly. Harry is a very candid person when he's asked about things, so I really shouldn't freak out until he says something worthy of freaking out over.

Not to brag or anything, but this is the most mature I have ever been whilst drunk, so let's just take a second to appreciate this moment.

Trying to ignore the anger that is already building up in my chest, I roll my eyes at John and take a sip of my water without responding. If he's going to be rude, then there's absolutely no reason for me to converse with him. Also, I think that if I do speak, he's going to provoke me some more and I'll end up calling him out for leading Alexa on when he is interested in someone else. The spiteful side of me wants to say it, just because I know he will be humiliated since I am the apparently his subject of interest, but the rational side of me says that this would be a terrible, terrible idea. John may want to start beef, but I sure as hell do not; therefore, silence and patience are going to be my two best friends right now.

"I'm not lying," John persists, moving to stand directly in front of me. His eyes are bloodshot, and based on the way he can't seem to look me in the eye, I'd wager that he has been smoking just a little bit of weed on top of his excessive intoxication. "I don't know what he's doing now, but I saw them together earlier. She was all over him; I swear."