Adam

Not gonna lie, the rest of the week has me kind of bummed. School has got me so stressed, and I genuinely think I'm going to fail one of my classes, which has me shook because I made all As in high school, so I'm not used to this feeling of devastation. That sounds stuck up, but I don't mean for it to. College is just hard, and this week, I'm feeling its cold, metal claws dragging me into the depths of failure.

The other thing is I haven't seen Harry very much. He's been really busy talking with that record label ever since Monday, and while I'm really happy for him, I wish he weren't on the phone as much. Oh, well. I suppose that's just how the holidays are: busy.

I spend most of the week studying... studying, ammiright? So, when the weekend finally comes, I'm super excited to finally catch a break, even if it is only for a small section of time.

After history class on Friday, I go over to Harry's apartment, where we cook ourselves a little dinner and watch a movie together. I let Harry pick the movie, mostly because I don't care enough to look for one, and I end up crying like a little bitch at the end of it. Harry takes a picture of me crying, I guess because he's never seen me cry before, and he mocks my pain with a playful laugh. I honestly can't complain though, because the movie Atonement got me, for real. It's Kiera Knightly, that guy from Split, and it's set during World War II, so yeah, I cried. I think that'll be my new "watch this if you haven't cried in months and want to cry" movie, because it really went in for my cold, dead heart and sent me over the edge.

I spend the night with Harry, though admittedly, it is not intentional. I'm way too tired to drive back to my dorm, and Harry is asleep by the time I decide I should go home. But alas, that journey is never made, and I end up falling alseep next to Harry in his bed. The next morning, I awake to find Harry missing from the bed, but I am quick to gather a rather accurate supposition of where he might be.

Staying true to his character, Harry is standing shirtless in the kitchen making pancakes for the both of us. Seeing his tan skin glowing in the morning sunlight has my mind reflecting back on that first time I spent the night here. It was new and scary, but still one of the greatest mornings of my life.

That was when Harry told me he liked me, and I don't know what it is about that phrase, but I really feel like it's more significant than the "I love you" angle. Like, I guess I just supposed that "I love you" seems too obligatory. To be genuinely liked as a person though, that is something else, and I am getting super blushy just thinking about it. I should have appreciated Harry that morning more than I did, because God, I miss the newness of it all.

When I walk into the kitchen, Harry smiles happily up at me with bright and gleaming green eyes. The natural sunlight streaming in through the window illuminates Harry's entire disposition, and though I should be used to his beauty, I find that I am not, and I can't help myself from staring just a little bit at him.

"Good morning," Harry grins at me, expertly flipping the spatula in his hands. "I'm making your favorite." He seems proud and excited to do something nice for me, which has my heart beating wildly in my chest. He's literally too cute for me, I can hardly stand it sometimes.

"Thank you, Harry." I smile at him and take a seat on one of the bar stools so I can watch him. Several moments pass between us in a lighthearted and pleasant silence, but it isn't long before Harry speaks again.

"I'm glad you stayed last night," Harry says, leaning against the kitchen sink and crossing his tattooed arms across his broad chest. He really looks like a full-ass meal this morning, and I am not functioning well. But besides that, Harry's words make my insides ignite with happiness. "I like waking up with you next to me... even if you're dead asleep." Harry laughs, and I roll my eyes. He likes to make fun of me for how often I sleep in, but I personally just think he's jealous that he can't do the same.