Chapter 3

The weekend had finally come. You were grateful for the break from school. The only thing you actually looked forward to at school was probably Ichigo.

 He had been really helpful, after meeting he always insisted on walking you home just to ensure nothing happened. You of course tried to declined each time, but he was a determined person. So in the end he always won. 

Overtime you had gotten to know each other. He even introduced you to a couple of his friends. They were all so nice to you. Orihime was by far the funniest to be around, she always had you laughing. Tatsuki was the complete opposite of her yet they were best friends.

 Opposites really did attract. 

Rukia was a bit mysterious, you felt like maybe she was hiding something, not only that but she was definitely a reaper. Her presence felt the same as Ukitake.

You weren't to sure what it was but you were able to distinguish between different ranges of spiritual pressure. Some of the other students in your class were fairly normal but a couple of them like Chad, Uryuu, Orihime, Tatsuki and even Keigo showed signs of greater energy flowing through their bodies. You wondered if maybe they didn't know, or they did and just never said anything. No one could blame them though, who would believe it.

Honestly you were a little scared to ask, what if you were wrong. They would certainly think you were weird and stop talking to you. That was probably your worst fear. Being alone again. You shook the thought from your head.

You hadn't really plan to do anything today, you just laid on your bed staring at the ceiling bored. A knock on your door caught your attention. "Ehh? I wonder who it is?" you muttered softly.

Sitting up you slipped on your shoes as you moved downstairs towards the door. Placing your hand on the knob you opened the door.

"Yo." the familiar strawberry greeted.

"Ichigo?..." you said in confusion. "What are you doing here?" he looked slightly annoyed at your question. "Orihime said you weren't doing anything today, so I came to keep you company." he answered with a yawn.

You opened the door a little wider letting him in. "You know you don't have to constantly look after me. If you keep hanging around me you'll get sick of me sooner or later." you said playfully.

"That won't happen." he replied seriously. You stared at him for a couple seconds before you giggled under your breath. "Alright superman-san!" you called.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" he complained.

Ichigo's pov

Ever since I met her I've been sticking around her to make sure she was okay. At first I told myself it's cause I wanted to protect her, but that was changing slowly. 

Her back was turned to me right now and I found my eyes wandering down her body. She was a good few inches shorter than me. From the back I could see her (H/C) tresses bounce delicately with ever step she took. Her neck was slightly exposed. Damn it! I felt like such a perv just watching her like this. I flushed covering my face with my palm trying to calm down. I didn't understand why she was being picked on. 

"Nice king, seems your not such a prude after all." Hichigo snickered.

"Shut up! " I growled back. There was a moment of quiet before he spoke again.

"She's not a regular human." he said catching my attention.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked urgently.

"Figures your dumb ass didn't sensed it." he shot back.

"Damn it just tell me!! I hissed.

" She has a high amount of reiatsu you stupid bastard!! I can't believe your that dense. I'm surprised she hasn't been attacked yet. I know I would." I could practically hear him licking his lips. "Creepy bastard..." I murmured.

"Did you say something?" she questioned turning to me with curious eyes. I shook my head frantically. "N-No nothing let's watch a movie or something!" I yelled grabbing her hand as I pulled her towards the couch. I grabbed the remote turning it to the first thing that popped up.

"Smooth." Hichigo cackled, causing a pulse to grow on my head.

~(Y/N) Pov~

"He's acting really weird today." you continued to stare at him. For some reason he seemed strangely agitated. "Maybe he really doesn't want to be here." you wondered.

"Ichigo, you really don't have to babysit me. I-I'm fine really." you stressed.

He turned to you, chocolate eyes gazing at you pinning you in your spot. 

"I wanted to be here okay, nobody forced me so stop trying to get rid of me." he replied.

"Oh, well I really appreciate it." you thanked. Your eyes were closed as you smiled up at him.

His eyelids lowered as he looked at your happy expression. Unconsciously he reached up brushing a strand of your hair behind your ear as his palm rested softly on your cheek.

Your eyes shot open at the gesture. " You're welcome.." he mumbled under his breath as his face moved closer to yours. Your heart thumped as he got closer.

"Eh? W-What the hell is going on?!!" you bellowed internally. He was only a hairline away.

"Ichigo..."

A sudden beeping knocked you both out of your haze. Ichigo shot up pulling something out of his pocket with a grimace. "Of all the times.." he snarled.

"W-What's wrong?" you asked worried.

He gave a small smile. "It's nothing, I'll be back in a while okay just stay here."

He bolted towards the door. "B-But-"

"Please...don't go anywhere." he pleaded. You gulped at his desperate tone nodding.

"Alright I won't leave." He grinned taking off. You watched his retreating form in fear.

That's when you felt it, a sickly shrill cry filled the air. You staggered back in fright.

"N-No way.. those hollows...their back." you had to warn Ichigo.

"But he told you to stay." a voice in your head reasoned.

"I-I have to go! He's saved me more times than I can count. I-I can't just leave him." before you could convince yourself otherwise you bolted out the door following his spiritual pattern.

"This time, I'll help you Ichigo." It seemed ridiculous but you had to do something.

"Please be alright..." you repeated in your head sprinting down the empty streets.