Chapter 8

When class ended, everyone left to go their separate ways. Ichigo was walking you home, until his soul badge flared up. Ichigo growled. "Damn hollows.."

You gave him a gentle push. "It's alright, someone could be in danger. Get to it superman-san~" Ichigo's eyebrows twitched. "I keep telling you to stop calling me that.." he muttered menacingly.

You laughed. "Did you? I don't recall." you said playfully. For a second, you thought he wasn't going to retaliate until he walked closer, leaning towards your ear. "If you keep teasing me...I'll have no choice but to punish you (Y/N)..." a pleasant shiver ran up your spine at his husky tone. You stuttered moving back, face completely red. Ichigo wore a wide smirk. He didn't give you a chance to reply, already running off to deal with the hollow. You stood there still stunned.

"My poor ovaries..."

Safe to say, being around Ichigo wasn't to good for your health.

Ichigo's Pov

He was bolting off to take care of the hollow issue. His mind couldn't really focused, even though he looked unaffected, being close to (Y/N) was really messing with him. When he had seen Keigo flirting with her, He lost it. "I shouldn't have acted so reckless..."

"Letting a chick mess you up, how pathetic." Hichigo's voice echoed irritating the reaper.

"Just shut up already!"

"You can yell at me all you want, instinct is going to take over, sooner or later. Whether you like it or not." His movements stopped.

"He's right Ichigo, whether you want to admit it, you're a danger to her. For the time being, it's best you stay away." Fists clenching his blade he continued on his path

"Like hell that's gonna happen!"

~Time skip~

You were making your way home, a wide grin on your face. Your head turned when you heard a commotion going on by a shop you were passing.

"He's so handsome, I wonder if he's single."

"I know right!"

"He's probably married." your eyebrows raised at the comments you heard from the women crowding around a clothes store. They were blocking up the entrance. You laughed assuming it was maybe some kind of celebrity. Ignoring the noise you kept on your way. A voice calling out your name halted you.

"(Y/N)-san!!" your eyes moved in in the direction of the voice.

"Jushiro-san!?!" you called back in surprise. He grinned happily, pushing through the frantic females making his way over to you. You felt a bit unnerved at the look they directed at you when he was now standing next to you. "I had planned to visit you but I got a bit preoccupied." he said awkwardly scratching his head. You nodded with a smile.

"That's okay, you sure attract a lot of attention." you giggled. Jushiro gave a kind smile taking your hand as he led you away from the clothing store. Disappointed sounds resonated from the females watching as you left with Jushiro.

You'd been walking with him for a while now. Jushiro filled you on some of the interesting things that took place at the soul society. You were intrigued, who knew the other side could be so exciting. He really sounded like he enjoyed his job. You laughed at some of the stories he told you, of his third seat officers that were always trying to prove who was better.

"Tell me more about when Ichigo saved Rukia." you requested with interest. Jushiro's eyes zeroed in on the spark that glistened in your (E/C) irises. He couldn't help but feel a bit dishearted.

"(Y/N)-san, is it okay if I ask you a question?" your head titled. "Of course you can! What is it?" you inquired with a cute smile. Jushiro swallowed.

"Do you have feelings for Ichigo?" you blushed. "W-Where did that come from all of a sudden.." you mumbled avoiding his eyes. Your relationship was still so new, it was a bit embarrassing to take about it sometimes. Unconsciously, a longing look filtered in your eyes. You smiled looking back at Jushiro.

"I-I do like him, h-he actually asked me out. W-We're a couple." you replied. Hands going to your cheeks.

Jushiro's breath stopped for a second. He let it out evenly, forcing a smile. "You..seem very excited about it." you nodded with a grin.

" I really never expected it, b-but I'm really glad. If I'm being honest, I can't see myself being with anyone other than Ichigo." you stated with a broad smile. Jushiro was silent.

"Is that so..." he mumbled. You froze when his hand took hold of your wrist stopping you. You turned facing him curiously. "Is there something wrong Jushi-" your eyes widened when Jushiro silenced you, closing the distance between the both of you. You were stunned for a few seconds, collecting yourself you shoved him away roughly. Your hand was pressed to your lips in disbelief.

"W-What are you doing!" you demanded. Jushiro eyes pinned you in place. He gazed back at you seriously.

"You said you couldn't imagine being with anyone else, do you still feel that way. Even after that kiss." you gave him an incredulous look, standing at a distance.

"O-Of course! " you fired. He took slow steps making your breath catch, arms raising in alarm.

"S-Stay back!!" you ordered. You dropped your bag, about to take off into a sprint. Jushiro grabbed your arm, hugging you from behind. You stiffened, eyes shaking in uncertainty.

"J-Jushiro.." you whimpered. Burying his face into your shoulders. he took a whiff of your scent, sighing against your skin. You trembled at the feel of his breath right next to your neck.

"If you truly care for him...nothing I say or do should sway you (Y/N)..." you bit your lip.

"P-Please...let me go..." you pleaded. You didn't know what was wrong with you, Ichigo was the one you liked, so why were you letting Jushiro hold you like this. You should have been shoving him away.

You jolted when he placed a kiss at the back of your neck. Clenching your eyes shut you pulled away from him. You were breathing heavily as you took a couple steps back, staring at him.

Jushiro's eyes never left your form. "Even if you refuse to acknowledge it, you feel for me (Y/N), the same way I feel for you." your mouth felt dry.

"What am I....supposed to do.."