Chapter 8: Tournament

(A/N: I have no idea how I crammed this all into one chapter.)

The tournament is beginning and you're trying to calm down and recover your strength in the wait room.

On a monitor you see Midoriya and Shinsou preparing to fight.

Kirishima came to sit down next to you.

"Hey (L/N), having fun so far?"

"It's intense to say the least, but yes I'm enjoying myself. I'm lucky Team Shinsou dropped out, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep going."

"Yeah... I feel bad for Ojirou, but I'm glad you get to keep going!"

"Same."

The battle between Shinsou and Midoriya begun with Shinsou saying something to Midoriya, followed by Midoriya replying and walking towards the edge of the stage.

"Kirishima isn't a ring out a loss?"

"Yeah it is, what's Midoriya doing?"

Something clicked in your head. People not being able to control their actions, and now Midoriya self destructing after Shinsou told him something. A chill ran across your spine.

"Kirishima... what's Shinsou's quirk?"

"I think it's some kind of mind control by the looks of it. Are you alright? Your arms are shaking."

"It's not him, it's not him, it's not him."

Kirishima gave you a concerned look.

"(L-L/N)?"

"It's nothing." You snapped.

"Who are you talking about?"

Your eyes seemed glassy at his question as you stared at nothing.

"He's... dead. I killed him."

Kirishima flinched for a moment before putting a hand on your shoulder.

"Do you... want to talk about it? I mean not now obviously, but like later maybe? But only if you want to, it's not manly to force you or anything. But I mean you should becaus-"

You couldn't help but laugh at his ramblings to try and make you feel better.

"I feel better already. Thanks Kirishima..."

You smiled and waved your now still arms in front of him.

"Anytime!"

"If I ever want to talk about it, I'll come to you."

You could have sworn his face was more red than when he sat down but it was probably your imagination.

Just then, Midoriya snapped out of the mind control and began wrestling Shinsou off the stage.

"THE WINNER IS MIDORIYAAAAAA!!!" Yelled Present Mic.

"Huh. I guess Shinsou's quirk isn't like theirs after all." You thought.

You watched as Todoroki basically obliterated Sero after being swung around.

"Good luck Jirou!" You called out. She gave you a smile and a nod as she walked out to the arena from where she was sitting.

Kaminari was strong, but not quite as clever as Jirou. She taunted him into overusing his quirk and shocking himself into a bumbling fool. She basically pushed him off the stage after that. You had to hand it to her, she's good at what she does.

A girl with pink hair just seemed to use Iida as a demonstration model before walking off the stage. She seemed clever in her own right, seeing as she just demonstrated her "babies" to the audience. Iida seemed upset he was used like that but you don't think he's complaining about winning.