Chapter 12: Awakening

(A/N: Just a heads up I made this really angsty oops

Sorry for the long wait I'm very bad at updating things 

Also there are WAYY more reads than I remember so thanks for reading this ^^

Trigger Warning: Dark thoughts about dying are involved)

__________________________________________________________

Your eyes snapped open as you awoke in a cold sweat.

You couldn't see much in the dark as your eyes blinked open.

You had no idea how long you were out for.

In fact you had no idea why you were asleep. You hadn't woken up confused like this since... before.

"Why is it still so dark, it's..."

Your thoughts pause as you look out the window directly to your left.

"Night...? Wait what..? Where am I?"

Your surroundings revealed that you were in a hospital bed, an IV was in your arm, and a familiar mess of red hair was planted at side of the bed.

It took a moment for you to realize it was Kirishima sleeping face first into your bed from a chair.

It would have been adorable if you knew what on earth happened to you.

Suddenly your groan of pain accompanying the splitting pain in your head delayed your Sherlock impression.

"Ughhmhnhh"

The mass of fluff at your side started stirring.

"...Kirishima?"

"Hmm...? Oh hey (Y/N)... WAIT YOU'RE AWAKE?"

The sudden realization seemed to wake him up from what looked like a really uncomfortable sleeping position. Considering his quirk hardens his body you suppose a little bit of muscle tension isn't anything new for him.

"Hey there, so uhh where are we?"

"The hospital, don't you-"

He paused for a moment as if he said something he shouldn't have

"Don't you... remember what happened?"

He finished.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say I wasn't at the grocery store"

"Haha yeah... uhh..."

Kirishima seemed hesitant about talking to you, which in of itself was an abnormality.

"Kirishima."

"Yes!?" He quickly stiffened up.

"What... happened?"

His expression shifted from surprised to uncomfortable to shifty in a few moments, before you stopped his brain from having a meltdown over how to explain how you got here, while trying to keep you from freaking out, and the best way to say everything.

"I... lost it again didn't I..."

Kirishima felt a chill down his spine as your lips twisted into an unnerving smile.

"You, well I mean you, what I mean is you- but it's not that you-"

He stammered as he tried to figure out what he could say without snapping a fuse.

"I lost control of myself and probably did something horrific."

Kirishima couldn't meet your eyes.