Chapter 25: The Love in His Veins

Chapter 25:

I screamed.

Bones snapped and crackled under Derek’s skin. In the distance, another werewolf in the same form as Derek lunged over. It was Aaron! They both seemed taller and bigger than their human state. Their face contorted with something much deadlier and animalistic. Their red eyes washed without their control. Both of them had large canines, their lips pulled back to expose the terror and harm their teeth could commit to.

“You shouldn’t be here!” bellowed Derek as he lunged into Aaron.

The both tumbled onto the golden sand. I gasped out loud.

“Where is she?” demanded Aaron as he rolled out from underneath Derek and his claws swiped at his chest and his fist plunged into Derek’s jaw. “Where the f.uck is she?”               

Both of their careless teeth ripped at their opponent, taunting and aggravating the next. Surrounding pack member’s watched on the verge of their own defensive forms.  Some crouched in position to attack while others bared their teeth, snapping and snarling. The noises communicating in a language of their own, they all wanted to jump in, fighting to tear the enemy apart. They were all brutish killers aching to unleash the animal within them.

 “She’s not here!”

Who were they talking about? My mind was confused. Aaron was blood thirsty with revenge and  and retaliation rolling off his body. He was lost to his senses like Karlie had said. Karlie. Were they looking for Karlie…? She was the only person capable of riling up Aaron. The only reason he would dare cross the boundary and confront Derek, bringing half his pack along with him.  It had to be her and it made sense, I hadn’t seen her since…the night the humans attacked. Something struck my mind and I was reminded of something Wesley had said: They can’t hear you. The music is too loud to hear you. Besides they occupied in their own little mess right now.

“Then where the f.uck is she if she is not here! You claim to be her f.ucking Alpha, but you don’t even know where she is!”

With a snarl and flash of teeth, Aaron pushed forward in a movement so frighteningly fast, I almost had missed it, but as fast as he was Derek matched his pace and had Aaron on thrown on the soft ground with a thud.

“We can’t find her. We lost her scent a mile up. She isn’t here!”

“Then why the f.uck are you not looking for her…?” Aaron roared louder and fiercer and I covered my ears from the piercing noise he made. “You call yourself an Alpha but you aren’t bothered when your own is in trouble. F.uck YOU!”

 However, they were back at each other using fists, claws and teeth. I wanted to tug them apart and slap both of their faces to get some sense into them. Whatever the situation that had caused such inhumane violence would not help solve their issue.

This wasn’t helping the situation. It wasn’t doing anything to get Karlie back and no one seemed to realize this more than me. The only thoughts crossing everyone’s minds on the beach were fighting each other. Violence got no one anywhere. Karlie was still out there, her life washed in gray lines of the unknown. Where was she? Was she okay? Why had no one mentioned her disappearance to me?

 I must have lost my own mind when I jumped in the middle of two alphas about to rip each other’s heads off all for ego and pride that bore no concern for the sake of Karlie. Someone had to tell them that their little fight wasn’t going to help her situation. Aaron growled at me and Derek rumbled threateningly in my face. His canines flared in my face and I winced at the pressure Derek used to push me away from them.