Chapter 27: A lovers tale

If only it could stay like this.

If I moved would it all end?

Desire and passion molded me.

I gripped his back tighter to pull him even closer, knowing that I finally had something I never thought I had. And, my only happiness rested in the fact that he didn’t push me away as our breaths tangled in a heated affair. His muffled groans on my skin. My small gasps as his name passed through my lips. I shouldn’t be greedy to push our limits, but in the moment where he allowed me this small gift to claim him as mine, I was.

He felt safe, reliable, and something stirred in me when we touched. Primal and raw. His soft cologne wrapped around me like a pair of strong arms, and I felt the heat radiating from his body, covering me like a coat. Every time I thought he would stop, when he would briefly lift his lips from mine to take a breath, I thought he would never return them back onto mine as if suddenly he realized that this was all a horrible mistake and that his feelings that reserved him from me would return. But, they never did. They never did.

I recognized that in this moment he was completely mine.

And, I was completely his. In heart and soul.

Especially when he would lean back down again to brush his lips across mine, pressing his lips down on mine and pushed his tongue inside just when I thought he wouldn’t. The kisses became more eager and I wanted him in more ways than one. I couldn’t stop my fingers from sliding into his hair and holding his mouth to mine. I could recognize his soul in mine as much as he could find me in his. Our sole existences seemed to have been for this very moment when nothing else mattered.

I heard him groan and say, “My world feels better again...” 

To hear him whisper those words made my heart break. My emotions were a swirling mess that clashed all together after he said that. A collision that exploded. Every turmoil feeling that I had experienced over the last twenty four hours rushed through me and caught up with my brain. Everything had been real. I hadn’t seen things. Karlie had gone missing. I had found her with Aaron in the cemetery. Rogues had nearly destroyed her soul-mate. Someone was pulling strings to crush this town. I was scared. I was afraid. I was troubled. I was broken. I was jinxed. I was falling into a dark ditch with no end. I was confused. I was sad. I was lost. I was found. I was healed. I was held. I was kissed.

I started sobbing, violently shaking.

My tears rolled out from my eyes and fell onto his cheek and his lips tasted my salty tears. Concerned lined his face in my blurred eyesight where I pulled away to escape losing myself in front of him. He didn’t have to see me like this. I probably looked ugly with my red, puffy eyes, my leaking tears and shaking body. I needed escape from this overwhelming moment, but to part with him when he held me with such hope was a betrayal on my side.

“Arianne.” His voice was soft. “It’s okay. Let me hold you.”

His light gray eyes were so bright and so warm. I wanted to forget about everything and fall into those eyes. Carefully, he reached out and with those fingers, he tucked back the strand of hair that always ended up in my face. I shivered, unable to help it.

He wanted to hold me?

He needed to hold me.

After everything…

He shattered me. I realized how potent the situation was. If I let him hold me, it would be me handing my heart over to him forever. But, did he not already possess it? He did. From a moment I didn’t know when, but he did. So to let him hold me would be like giving my soul up, everything within me and I was ready to do it. I was ready to let him consume me without a concern whether or not he broke my heart in the end. I just needed a taste of a life I wished to have with him. I would live knowing that one moment of this would be enough.