Alchemist's Way : chapter 3

"Master, another caravans are here. They are going to pick up your potions."

"Tell them to wait, I need to do final touch to these potions."

I'm prepared to channel a final touch to these potion. Thanks for the Guild Administrator, I could make high level potion that popular among explorer. I even got positive review from "Wild Dynasty" Guild about my new recipe. One of the famous guild in the world. Soon after that, a huge amount of order coming up.

Looks like I could keep the quality and I called those caravans to pick up the potions on my workshop. That was lot of work for myself. Marina still couldn't help me with mixing the ingredients, but she helped to gather it. One box and another lifted up by the caravans and left. They brought it to the Guild Administrator, and send me the payment later. So I didn't worried again where to sell it.

Until someone knocked my door again. I said from inside that we already out of stock, but they didn't bother it and still knocking. Finally I opened the door and saw two familiar face in front of me.

"Sarah! And you...." as I disliked the other person so much.

"I-it's been a while, friend." He said nervously.

Without any thought I said, "I'm not going to that position sir. I'm sorry."

"Actually we come here not to talk about that. Please hear us out!" Said Sarah.

"It's not every day a council leave his chair for unnecessary thing, Alchemist Master." He added.

I'm still could not accepted him. "Fine. Please come in first."

She was right, why Cardinal Cornelius even bothered come with her to my place if this matter were not so important. Without a further ado, they explained to me while sat on living room and Marina bring some drink.

"You see, Navarevle and Melidia already sign the peace treaty long time ago, right? But its only hidden the fact that someone wants to revive ancient weapon once again."

"Don't you mean—" I replied as I already know the answer.

"Yes, the Mechanoid Factory that has been sealed in 500 year in our country's boundary."

"But why?"

"It seems the council not knowing it much, only rumor spread that king Varadis want to use that for world domination."

"That's insane!" said Sarah angrily.

"And why he need to that?" I asked calmly.

"Not a clue either, I'm afraid."

I concerned with this situation. "Then, what you need me to do?"

"Remember about 'a village trapped by the time' on the south? I want you to go there and find some information about this."

"Seems fair, but why you not doing it yourself?"

"The council can't go any further from their place for some reason, so it will best to use outside people. I asked you here because of your neutral position right now. Still, going here with Sarah already make me afraid of being detected by king's agent."

"Glad I can do something about that, so Cardinal didn't worry much." Sarah replied.

"Sure we already crush most of Mechanoid's battle-bot remnants in this country. But beware that they still lurking around the un-habitant land." explained Cornelius.

"I hear once from my student that a long-shaped dragon mechanoid show on maberius forest. That forest that you going to crossed it later." Sarah added.

Suddenly, Marina talked to me, "master, I sense someone nearby."

"I wonder if the king's agent checking us. Those king's dog are really fast." Said Cornelius.

"Marina, guide these people to my workshop! I'm going check it out."

"Yes master."

Soon after that, a knocked sound hear from my door. I opened that door to see who was coming. A black robe people with hood stand before me. From the emblem in his hood, I knew this was a king's agent. Hopefully, someone I didn't know.

He asked if I saw an academic looking girl and the Cardinal around here. Without hesitated, I said no. then this man insisted to enter while told me that both are wanted person. I wonder what Sarah said before that makes them fugitive. If I didn't let him in, maybe he think I hide them. So I let him to check all of my place, including my workshop too.

I know Marina would do nice improvement for this. Soon after searched in my house, he moved to my workshop. He showed up his right hand and pointed his palm in front, channeling a "detect" magic. Scan after scan, he didn't notice anything. After that, he said sorry for interrupting my place and left.

I wonder why they couldn't be detected even with scanner magic. I went to my workshop and tell them that it safe to out. No answer heard at all. Then I went to my room while waiting for them to come back. An hour waiting while read my book, Marina showed up.

"Marina? What took you so long? And where is the other?"

"I'm sorry master, I opened a dimensional gate for them to easily escape the workshop. We need to be as far as possible because the Cardinal said to me that the king's agent scanner magic are strong. While using Sarah's stone levitation magic to makes we travel far. After that, they needed to back to their place as soon as possible and leave me in that lake."

"I see, hope those agent didn't realize that they already back to place. Anyways, we need to stay in here for a few days before we move to the said village."

"Yes, master."