Secret of the Past : chapter 1

***************

"Hey girl, what's up? You seems worried?"

"It's about our mission, didn't you think this is strange?"

"Well you noticed it too. What on boss mind exactly?"

"For now, we just pretend not to know anything about this. We must gather more information first."

***************

Another strange dream again makes me awaked from my sleep in the morning. I wonder what it's all about. Soon after that, the alarm startled me. After I put it off, I got message from Alice. It was about the mission she gave to me.

She talked about a ruins in the south end of this continent, the valley of the king. All the great known king buried in here, and their secret too. From what Alice told me, Melidia king's researcher diary buried with him to protect the reawaken the Mechanoid Factory. Looks like this going to be a long walk.

After I checked out from the inn in some village, I went to south direction from here. This Navarevle country are much different from Astanarea, It much green and nice. The forest and green field are still everywhere, I can saw a big mountain in the west. Maybe their magic already heal this continent.

I stopped my walk to near lake and I noticed someone slept not so far from I arrived. I saw a bone soldier, mage and archer are around her. Looks like she was in danger. I rushed to her position fast while summon energy sword from my glyph.

Those skeleton become aware of my presence and prepared to fight. While I charged from afar, those mage and archer shoot me with their long range attack. I could easily dodged that, and when I near enough, I slashed the air widely to create energy wave to cut them. The soldier come forth and hold my energy wave.

Another homing arrow were cast out and chasing me, while the soldier were waiting me with its giant engulfing flame sword. The archer one gathering energy to shoot something immense. Not cared about all that, I rushed to the soldier first. My sword clashed with its, creating loud noise. This bone soldier sure tough enough, but I am fast. I easily chopped its head off, while dodging the blast arrow from the archer, as well as homing arrow from the mage.

The loud noise looks like bothered her and make she wakes up. Not to escape immediately, she moving her hand like she control those skeleton. The skeleton suddenly stop attacking me. She walked to me while fold her hand.

With a confused face, she said, "You seems not around here. Are you from another country?"

"Are you controlling those skeleton?" as I was still on guard.

"Well, you can see that yourself. I stop their movement from attacking you."

After I knew she weren't attacked me back, "I am sorry, I think you are in danger a minute ago." While placed back the energy sword to my glyph.

She saw the bone soldier's skull lying around. "Well, well, you can handle one of my masterpiece. I am impressed."

She saw back to her bone soldier without its skull, standing, "It's been a while since someone really defeat it. I need to find another thing to replace it." She put that skull in her arms.

"Anyways, who are you? Why you can control those skeleton?"

She asked back, "Before I told you, can you give yours first?" 

"Forgive my manner, my name is Rosa, I just passing by."

"They called me a Necromancer. Name's Eleanor." While banished the bone soldier.

"Miss Eleanor, I'm sorry for broke one of your... thing."

"Don't worry about that, dear. I need to replace it sooner or later. If I remember, there are some nice dragon bone near the valley of the king. Maybe that will do the work."

"Valley of the King? We both have same direction then, can you guide me Miss Eleanor?"

"Seems a good idea, a live companion seems not bad at all. And one again, please throw away the 'Miss' thing, I dislike it."

"I understand."

Later that, we walked around the lake to pass it and continued my journey with new guests. She un-summoned her skeleton for not make too much attention. She did that earlier for guarding her while slept. She told me that golden color Mechanoid still roamed around this lake. It shaped like a bear, but bigger.

Afterward we rested in next forest because the day began to dark. Eleanor found a nice place to rest, a left-over tree house that has been abandon. Her skeleton roamed to find some food, whether a fish, vegetables, or some meat. Our waiting are over that those skeleton back, they found mushroom, potato and some fishes. Eleanor ordered her bone mage to creating flame to grill those fishes.

"Say, are you an explorer too?"

"You can say that." as I watched her.

"What business you going to do on Valley of the King?"

"Some client wants me to find some information about those place."

"Is that quest you take from the Guild Administrator?"

After thinking a while, "Yes, they are provided many kind of quests."

"Hmm, maybe I'm going to try that too. I can use that money for buy something instead for looking it myself."

I couldn't say anything and continued to eat.

"Tomorrow, we will pass one of friend's home. Hope I can meet him, there something I want to ask."