Secret of the Past : chapter 2

***************

"You sure this is alright?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"Kinda? I mean c'mon, don't strict yourself with the rules!"

"I not sure if I able to do that."

"Believe me, she will be alright."

"Fine, I'll try."

***************

Another strange dream woke me up. They seems connected each other. I couldn't find Eleanor around, maybe she already awoke? I hope she didn't forget and left me here. She looks like an air-headed woman. I went down from tree house and begin looking for her.

I found are the footprint that went to some direction. I followed it until outside the forest, a wide green field near mountain foot. There was small house on my direction, and I saw her walk to that house. I were able to catching up her step. She noticed me and continue the walk without any regrets. She just leave me behind without saying anything.

We both arrived on that house. She knocked the door, but no one responded. She tried it again for a few times before she decided to leave. And yes, she left me again. I wonder what was wrong with her, always leaving me behind. Not I were going to angry or anything, it just felt... unusual.

Another forest we encountered. She now called her skeleton. She was aware of something dangerous.

"Eleanor, what is it? Why called your skeleton all of sudden?"

"I heard rumor that a dragon-like mechanoid still roaming in here, and it hostile." While she was looking around.

I prepared the sword from my glyph and take a defensive stance. She noticed something on some direction and left me... again. Now I'm lost in this forest while a dangerous still lurking around. This thick forest makes me lost some vision. Suddenly, the land tremble and something big coming in this way. It was the dragon-like mechanoid Eleanor was talk about.

It prepared a burst of flame breath on its mouth after watch me. With this tight place, it was hard to moving around. It blasted that flame breath on me. I would try to hold that blast before an earth wall comes up and protected me. I could felt the burning impact from that blast.

"Ma'am! Are you alright?" a man voice from afar.

He rushed to my location with his... partner, maybe. She was small with elf looks.

He arrived on my place, "What are you doing in here ma'am? Didn't people told you this forest are dangerous?"

"Sorry about that, but I'm lost because my partner left me behind."

"Did he or she hated you that they left you in here alone?"

"It's she, and I don't know."

"Let's talk about that later, we need to escape from this thing!"

This man ordered his partner to cast some magic, while that mechanoid preparing another attack from its mouth. A dimensional crack created in front of us, and we entered it. Looks like we were saved, but the face of that man tell different. Another order for his partner and we covered with wind. My body felt light as wind.

He told me to follow him and leave this place. This dimensional space suddenly tremble. Maybe that mechanoid's blast did it. We escaped from it and leave the forest, entering a barren land. He gave order again to his partner to leaving this dimensional space.

"Seems we safe, for now." While him looking back and make sure that mechanoid not following us.

"Thank you, Mister...?"

"Just call me mister. I'd like to stay anonymously. Now, how about your friend?"

"I'm sure she fine with herself. A few skeleton are protected her."

"Skeleton?"

"Yes, did you find it strange?"

"No. I mean, I know this woman you talk about. But I don't know why she is here. Unless she interested with something in the valley of the king."

"About that, I have same direction with her. That's why I follow her, but she left me without any word."

"She always do that when she curious about something. Even I can't do much when it happen. Well, since we both have same destination, would you join me, miss..."

"My name is Rosa. Nice to meet you, mister anonymous."

"Somehow, I feel bad about this, I give you my name later then. And this is my homunculus, her name is Marina."

I thought I saw them before, but when?