This Is War

Hey guys I don't know about you but I love this story. Sorry guys just like the idea. 😊

Ishelle POV
I stared at the screen as the news came back on. What's going to happen to my grandpa?

Sorry I don't know what happened there. Don't trust whatever that old man said. The pollution has brought on a cold winter early this year causing 16 deaths of young children and babies. Pls be aware as this will be coming near to this city. The flu has caused 2000 deaths because of vaccination failures and the government refuses to do anything about it. Recently Ishelle Harpers grandfather died in the most terrifying event to hit this place. Condolences to her and her family.

Family, what family? Anyways half the students have zoned out of the news remembering what happened to my grandpa or oupa as I call him. And he didn't die in the most terrifying event, it was a car crash and on that note he was just on the news. "Excuse me miss Harper would you like to stop interrupting the news that's compulsory to watch. Thank you,"she said. I started blushing furiously.

I'd said that aloud. But why'd they mention my Oupa's death on the news?

That never happens unless they're trying to hide the fact that he spoke what people call rubbish, on the news. The shrill ringing of the bell pulled me from my thoughts and then the murmuring started and the staring. All because I was mentioned on the news.

I walked to my art class still praising the government for leaving color in the world. Anyways when school ended I made my way home or whatever you want to call a box on the street.

I stayed next to a television place because they always showed the news because it's compulsory for everyone to watch. I was taken out of my thoughts when I saw 2 gangsters beating up a boy right by my box.

I just walked towards them but I heard them say, "Where is Ishelle Harper boy, because we want her for her grandpas sake." I immediately kept walking in that direction. And yes, I always look for trouble if you live in it why not enjoy it.

The boys didn't notice me approaching but then I heard the young boy say, "I-I d-don't know w-where sh-she I-is. Please don't hurt me." The older boy said, "We're going to do more than hurt you boy. We're going to kill you for not having valid information." I saw the young boy lock eyes with me and I saw something flicker in his eyes hope and recognition.

I knew I couldn't help him. I don't save people from something that's going to kill them anyways it's a waste of time getting myself killed in the process. "B-but I'm not able to live eternally like her grandpa,"he said suddenly. And I saw he was pointing to me. Oh that boy is so dead and he saw the hate in my eyes and he scurried away from the boys.

I ran away before they saw me. I'm no murderer but I've never wanted someone dead before. On that note, why'd they want me because I couldn't help them. That thought lingering in my mind I made my way to a new home.

On the way I saw riots. What was going on? And then I saw the television station flashing to life.

Attention citizens the cause of all these riots is unnecessary. Wait the governments talking, wow this is serious. We don't like that deaths are caused from unnatural causes. We have had 200 deaths due to riots because of a silly old man's dreams. We don't need a war right now or mankind will be totally destroyed. But on this side of the screen people are screaming we don't believe you and we will continue. I personally laughed at the unnatural part and that he doesn't want a war when that was coming his way very soon anyways. But is this just something that people are holding onto because they want hope or is it real? Because personally I have hope and that's why I'm holding on.

This should not mean war because a man talks about a peaceful place that doesn't exist and then it went off. I got a bit startled when they screamed.

THIS IS WAAAAAARRRRRR and WE WILL DESTROY YOU

Rian POV

I felt uneasy as the government gave us an announcement (just to be clear it's 2 different governments that work together) :

Good evening citizens, we would like to inform you that the man that appeared a few days ago. Was nothing amazing and that everyone should continue with their business as normal. Thank you

We never hear many announcements but when we do it's absolutely important. But I knew something was up and something great about this world is that anyone can question the government at anytime.

I looked at my watch and realized what time it was. I had to get home and have dinner and then tomorrow first thing I'd go talk to them.

"Hello mom," I said not convinced myself that it was genuine and weirdly, I have never felt this feeling before I think people used to call it sadness. My mom and dad looked at me worried. During dinner they brought it up and asked, "Sweety, what's wrong?"she said kindly. "I don't know, it's just I saw the man. Not many people did and I was quite disturbed I mean, how'd that man get here? We learnt that people from a long time ago asked if they were in heaven when they thought they were dead and they thought it as a better place. Why'd he think he's in heaven if he wasn't in a bad place at the time?"I said actually ranting for the first time in my life. I never thought it necessary because I had all the time in the world but did I.

My parents stayed quiet when my dad broke the silence and said, "Well the government said not to worry so that's what we do and I can't explain the stuff you learn in school, history is useless." I'd never heard my dad talk like this but my shock was taken away when Petunia said, "Mummy said we had a older sister but she died a long time ago and what are we talking about?" I got up because I felt angry for the first time, "What the hell. I thought that never happens." "Well it's rare and your sister was tested at birth and it showed that her life was meant to be taken away and so we had no choice," my dad said while giving my mom a death glare she'd never forget for eternity, literally.

I then got up without excusing myself. War may not be literal and bad here but it definitely has started among ourselves through words. The war is beginning and it's not ending without sadness among us.

I know it's a long chapter but it's very important to the story obviously or I wouldn't have written it. Pls vote and enjoy.