Reign of Terror

Rian POV

I stared at her in utter shock. I couldn't comprehend the fact that our world is the way it is and it's all because of the people who decided to rule it this way. I sat alongside Lilac as her tears fall.

A few moments later, her mother walked in and looked at them. "Lilac,"her mother said calmly, "she refused to come. I don't think they told her where she was going." "Why wouldn't they tell her?"Lilac asked with sadness in her eyes, "I just want to see her." "They can't admit that they have been lying to people for years,"her mother said, "we don't know what's going on out there. If it's anything like what's happening here than we better hope and pray for her."

After a short while of silence, I began to wonder. "Why would they allow them to meet?"I asked curiously, "wouldn't she have to be like us to be here?" Lilac looked at him with complete shock at what he was implying. "You're saying she's like us?"Lilac asked with pure hope in her young eyes. I nodded and looked to her mother for assurance.

"I wish we could find the way out,"I said as an afterthought, "if there's a way in than there's a way out right?" "Probably,"Lilac said with hope, "but what will you do if you find the way out?" "If I find the way out,"I said reassuringly, "I will make sure that I find your sister and that I find the way back in for everyone else to enjoy." "If we find the way out,"Lilac said and her mother moved closer, "then we can mark it and find the way in again." I looked at her with pride and pure happiness.

As the night came, our small group tried to find the hidden entrance and exit. "What if it is by the place the man appeared?"I asked them and they look at me with confusion. "The thing on the news?"Lilac asked with confusion. I nodded, "I was there when it happened and if I can just find the area where it happened agains then maybe that is the exit as well."

My team nodded in agreement and decided to head out at night. At night, Lilac and I made our way through the green woods filled with darkness and only the shining light of the moon. Everything is silent as the animals slept peacefully. The nocturnal ones roamed around freely and caused no harm to them as they walked through their path. No sound made us jump except voices other than our own.

We arrived at the place that I believe is the area where I had seen the man. It is hard to tell since most of the paradise looks the same; it's all green and full of beautiful trees that makes it hard to distinguish where you are at any given time.

I moved into the area and motioned for Lilac to follow. "I'm sure it's here,"I whispered, "I just have to push something. I'm sure." With one swift, accidental, push of the tree, we opened a small gate leading into a gray town that doesn't match the beauty of the one we had attained.

Lilac looked at me with fear, "You can do this. You know I can't come but find my sister for me." I nodded, "I'm sure it's going to be hard. Mark this place. I'm sure I will be back soon." Lilac hugged me tightly and looked at my face for one last time.

"Oh,"I said as I tried to leave, "I need her name." "Ishelle,"Lilac said with a laugh and then I was gone.

Ishelle POV

The streets were filled with chaos. Not one person was doing nothing. Everyone was outright attacking the government and it's people. The civil war had begun. I knew this would happen and I was glad it was happening. Everyone deserved a government that allowed for peace and safety. Everyone had the right to have the best of security and care by their government. I was going to ensure that everyone got that.

I roamed the streets as everyone else grabbed any weapons they could find. Some ran away from the violence along with their families and some were crying for peace. Some were begging for us to stop and I couldn't care less. I wanted what everyone else wanted and what everyone deserves.

Eventually, the fight calmed down and people dispersed into sides. Some siding with the government and joining their fighting ranks while others joined me and my crew. All the other stayed as civilians fleeing a war zone.

A war shouldn't have surprised them, since we live in the real world and not a paradise protected from all harm. Wars will break out and people will die but someone will always win.

I decided to task some of my people with the job of finding the paradise and opening a way for us to get in. The others were tasked with fighting while I arranged for the jobs to take place.

A lot of families realized there was no escape from this fight and decided to join us. We are outnumbering the government and we will end up winning.

I stood up from my chair as I thought all these things.

My grandfather deserved better and so did so many others. If we can't find paradise then we will create out own one even in this horrible world. I hurriedly take myself out of these thoughts and back to the matter at hand. Our city is in flames and our people are starving. I intend to change that.

I tried to find ways to get food and to give the people shelter while still trying to find weaponry so we can fight and win the all out war that my grandfather started. He lit the flame in me the moment he revealed that something was being withheld from us by the government. They have no right to decide anything for us. We all deserve what the paradise people have attained.

I stood outside infront of my side of the war and said, "Let's win this civil war." Everyone cheered and sounded the alarm for victory.