The Calm Before the Storm

Hey guess this part is going to be plain but don't worry. Enjoy and vote and tell me what u think.

Ishelle's POV
I made my way to find my new home, as I was interrupted the first time. I got lucky for once, because I found a nice box in a beautiful corner of town. I drifted off to sleep dreaming of my mom and what is to come.

I wake up the next day again for school, I'm hoping that yesterday's events at school have worn off as I hate attention being drawn to me. Oh and by the way no, I don't have friends like most people think, you should at least have one that loves and cares for you.

I saw the grey building smelling of paint as it had just been painted recently. Funny. Like painting a school is going to change anything. I was immediately faced with the horror of staring people and I ran as fast as possible to class. In the middle of physics class, I heard an announcement : Can Ishelle Harper please come to the principles office.

I got up and walked through the quiet hallways and I saw the daunting office ahead. "Excuse me, you wanted to talk to me,"I said politely. Don't judge that I don't know the principles name, they change every year so I stopped bothering to remember.

"Uh.....yes I did. About your coming year. Are you registering?"he said trying to be subtle. I mentally face palmed myself. Seriously what am I supposed to say. Of course sir, even though I don't have any family I'll make it work. "I'm pretty sure that not having any family means I can no longer attend,"I said trying to resist the urge to mean duh.

"Well the government called and they said to tell you Lilac is asking about her real family. Somehow she was informed or found out about her family. Her family suggests you become one of their children," he said but not while slightly showing guilt or sadness. I'm pretty sure it was the first. I was immediately taken aback, they were trying to get rid of me.

"No thanks sir, I don't mind seeing Lilac here where I'm safe. I refuse to travel with people I don't and never will trust," I said politely trying not to show the fear building up.

Also knowing that he was about to lose his job. He looked at me in horror and said, "You're not going to accept the opportunity to see her again?" I shook my head and said, "What's in it for you?" And as soon as I uttered those words I regretted it.

The shouts were left behind as I bolted. When I made it to the streets, everyone had forgotten what had happened and I knew I was going to regret what an irrational person I am, I ran straight through the government officials hoping not to be caught.

If I was lucky I guess I wouldn't have gotten caught, but I guess I had a sliver of luck or whatever you call learning to fight and using it. Because I fought back and I escaped. If there was anyone I didn't trust it was the government and on the same list is my dads name.

I couldn't run far before I noticed people were attacking the government. The war had seriously began and I was so close but yet so far to seeing my sister because she was probably safe while I was right by the war zone.

Rian POV
I know I never felt sadness before but it's quite a strong emotion and it scares me to think I could just be kicked out like my sister was. I felt water on my face and I was puzzled. "What's that?"I asked myself but then I remembered it's a tear or crying as they called it.

I asked myself, were people really suffering out there and could I be the one to save them? And no, we don't have those books people had that create fantasies in people's heads. (No offense is intended).

I looked to the sky I knew that things could be fixed, I just needed my friends help. We may not be similar in age but we're friends and we talk about all our worries.

I walked to her house and I walked straight in usually but this time it was closed so I knocked. "Yes? Who's there?"I heard her mom say. "It's Rian. Is this a bad time?"I asked hopeful. "Oh no dear, she needs you a lot right now," she said as she opened the door.

I ran upstairs. I hated knowing she didn't ask me to come. "What's wrong?"I said as I walked in seeing her room in a mess. "Nothings wrong, I mean it's not like my whole life's destroyed and I don't have anyone to talk to since my parents forbid me to," she said crying. "We having the same symptoms. Is this about that man?"I asked curious.

"Symptoms? And no absolutely not,"she said weirdly. "Oh yeah I've been crying to. I found out I had a sister but she was doomed to the life that old man had and he was just about to get the reward for his life. I don't know anymore,"I said downhearted. She sighed and said, "I'm sorry. I wish your sister was...uh better off I guess,"she said not really knowing what to say.

"You've never stuttered before. The one time you did it I knew you were trying to lie but failing,"I said amused. "Well yeah but I don't know what to say to you. It's not like I've experienced it b-before,"she said calmly. "You're a terrible liar. You know that right so tell me what's wrong right now?"I said but she shied away. What is wrong with her? Why's she acting like this?

"Don't make me play the older parent," I said blackmailing her and I thought I succeeded. But she tried to hide. Her face showed utter sadness and I said, "Lilac Harper Kingston."

She just stared at me with her green eyes and red hair and said, "My sisters in the other world and this isn't my family."

That's when war broke loose in paradise. Who ever thought that would happen? I sure as hell didn't expect it.

Hey peeps, pls enjoy and vote. I hope you like it pls tell?