Escaping from Hazard

Baek had been chained in the basement for days now. Mae wasn't sure if it was punishment or just to keep him and the others safe.

In the kitchen, everyone was sitting down and eating together. It was steak meal which was healthy for Luhan and Mae and easy for the vampires to eat raw. Luhan looked at Mae who was laughing and joking around with Chen. He smiled just because she did.

Luhan had felt enormous gratitude towards Mae but was confused as to why she would fall in love with a vampire. In his mind, she was trapped and had no way out. She was only surviving. He kept eating.

"When can Baekhyun come out?" Mae asked confidently. She always sounded confident.

"I'm not talking about this, Mae." Xiumins happy face turned immediately blank and he stabbed a piece of meat with the fork.

"But he's been in there for days with not one feeding. He probably starting to get si-"

"IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS, MAE!" Xiumin yelled as he slammed his hands on the table. Mae scooted her chair from the table and looked to the others.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight." She said as she left. Luhan knew that she was his only friend in the house so that who he would stay by. He followed her by picking up his plate and hers and putting them in the sink then going upstairs.

The table was quiet as the other looked at the fuming Xiumin.

"Xiu, she is right." Chen set his fork down and leaned his elbows on the table.

"I know." Xiumin hissed.

"So youre starving him? That's not really punishment. That more like torture." Chanyeol was trying his best to reason with the oldest but once again, Xiumin was clan leader and had all authority.

"DAMNIT! YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON! Goodnight." Xiumin got up and left to his study. The others looked at each other with the same face.

They had all been thinking the same thing.

"Is this still Xiumin?"

That's what love can do.

It's difficult.

Messy.

-----

Mae heard the study door slam and knew it was Xiu. She was brushing her hair in the hall bathroom, getting ready for bed.

Luhan was leaning against the doorway watching her. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.

Her bra strap suddenly fell down her shoulder and it caught his eye.
Her skin caught his eye.

He felt a heat in his stomach and a tightness in his throat. Luhans hormones were racing and he wanted to take advantage of the situation.

"Here, let me help." Luhan took the brush from her and closed the bathroom door. He began brushing her hair, his hands lightly flowing along her back.

But that was it.

After he finished, he tied her hair back and she thanked him while she left.

It might not have seemed like much, but in that moment Luhan confirmed something he had wondered about for a while.

He really really liked Mae. Much more than friends.

----

It was deep into the night and xiumin had moved into the bedroom with Mae some time during the early night. He might have gotten angry at her, but at the end of the day, they were lovers and just wanted each others presence.

-----

Baekhyuns blood shot eyes were riddled with the withdrawal. His head hung down but he was very much awake. His arms were chained above his head from the ceiling with his toes just barley touching the floor. His skin was paler than normal and he eyes were black.

The sound of the basement door opening didn't even startle him. The quiet footsteps as they came down the stairs were music to his ears just knowing someone remembered he was still down there.

It wasn't until he recognised the breathing that his head shot up. The scent he had missed. The voice.

"Baekhyun? Are you down here?" Her voice wavered.

"Mae! I'm over here!" He whispered back.

He could hear her moving over to the area where he was and finally that beautiful face was before him.
"I'm so sorry, Mae! I didn't mean for that to happen!" He started crying, his black eyes turning back red.
"I know, Baek, I know. It's the vampirism. Let me help you down." She started messing with his chains.

"No! Don't!" Baekhyun yelled.
"Shh! Someone is gonna hear!" She whispered back continuing to work on them.

"Mae! Fucking stop!" He yelled. She stopped the second a tear fell on her arm. Mae looked up at his weary soul.

"If you unchain me, I will kill you. I haven't fed in days. Once I'm down from these chains I won't be able to control myself. Please stop." He looked at her.

"You're gonna die if I leave you here." She fell to her knees.

"You're my best friend, Baek. Please. Let me help you. You don't know what will happen." She wiped her sobbing tears away from her grieving face.

"You're my best friend too. It's okay. Just go. I'll be fine. I'm strong." He smiled.

She reached up and wiped his tears from his cheeks.

"I'm going to fix this!" She yelled as she ran back up the stairs.

As soon as she shut the door behind her, a voice startled her.

"I have been trying to unchain him for the last two days. He won't let me." Xiumin wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly, burying his face into her shoulder.

"How are we going to fix this?" She asked.

"I have an idea." Xiu replied.