Vault: Open

"Luhan! Please!" She yelled.

Luhan shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair, distressed.

"I'm not helping that son of a bitch that hurt you!" He yelled back. This was the first time she had an argument with him.

"He needs this. He refuses to feed from me and will die if he doesn't feed soon. He won't let me unchain him unless he feeds. Please Luhan!" The two were in luhans room. He was just finishing with a shower and she was sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Yeah? Well that sucks. Maybe he shouldn't have choked me." Luhan rolled his eyes.

"Uhh!!!" She flopped back on to his bed. "Why are you holding such a grudge!?" Mae continued to whine. Luhan finally opened the bathroom door. He was wearing black joggers and black v neck shirt. After drying his hair with a towel he came and sat by her.

"Why are you trying so hard to save him. Maybe he should die." Luhan mumbled.

"Why are you trying so hard to kill him?" Mae sighed. Luhan quickly got on top of her, his hands pinning her arms to the bed.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She squirmed as much as she could to try and get out from his grasp but after realising it was useless she stopped.

"Right there. That's your issue. You don't give yourself any respect. These men bought you as food. They didn't care if you died or not and what did you do as retaliation? You gave yourself to them. You stopped fighting and you offered yourself up as food. It's stupid." He paused before continuing, giving Mae time to avoid his gaze.

"Coming from another human, this is what Stockholm Syndrome looks like. You have no fucking idea whats going on. You think they protected you from evil when, in fact, they are evil. Yet you would give them anything they wanted. Xiumin almost killed you and you call him your lover. Baekhyun has been the reason for many human deaths and you want to save him?!" Luhan started tearing up and he pressed himself onto her. Not sexually, but intimately. He buried his face into her neck and hugged her as tight as he could.

"I do everything I can to keep you safe and healthy, yet you sleep with Xiumin. You call him your protector. You kiss him goodnight. I don't fucking get it." Luhan got off her and sat back on the edge of the bed.

"I'll let him feed from me. But I can't take this anymore. I can't take seeing you kill yourself to save these awful creatures. So.... once he feeds from me...... It's over." Luhans eyes looked like they had cried tears like this before and they couldn't shed anymore.

"Luhan, please..."

She got up and walked out of the room, desperately wanting him to reply.
But he didn't.

He simply walked downstairs and into the basement, locking the basement door behind him so she couldn't follow. She sat outside of the door for hours and at some point well into the night, she fell asleep.

-----

"Mae? Sweety wake up."

"Maeee"

"Hun, come on."

Mae opened her eyes to a bright sunlight and familiar faces. Xiumin was sitting next to her on the floor trying to wake her up.

Mae shot up and looked around to see the basement door wide open. She ran down the stairs, halfway tripping, and turned on the light. There was no Baekhyun and no Luhan. It was empty.

"Baek is upstairs if you want to see him. He's back to his cocky ass hole self." Xiumin laughed.

"Luhan..." She looked at the floor that had obvious blood stains cleaned up.

"Oh, we haven't seen him. Do you know where he is?" Xiumin scratched his head. Mae ran passed him and sprinted upstairs to luhans room. No sign of him. She ran the rooms of the house trying to find any sign of him until Baekhyun grabbed her hand.

"Is he okay?" She whispered.

"He's gone to Denmark. I bought him the plane ticket last night. Don't tell the others. Just let him go." Baekhyun whispered. Mae nodded her head. She was sad and mournful that he was gone but she was happy he was safe now.

Her and Baekhyun went back downstairs and into the living room.

"Did you find him?" Xiumin asked as he was cooking soup for her.

"Uh no. I guess he must have ran off." She laughed a fake laugh and sat on the couch next to Chanyeol.

"Eh, fuck him! I have better things to think about!" Chanyeol smirked.

Just like that everything seemed back to normal.

----

Luhan stepped out of the airport and got into a shuttle.

"I need to go to this address, please." Luhan showed the man his address and the car started rolling.

"So what are you doing here in Denmark?" The man asked, just trying to make light conversation.

"Looking for someone." Luhan looked out the window and clutched a piece of paper in his hands.