9

"Oh you're in my veins and I cannot get you out"

In my veins-Andrew Belle

After Luke disappeared I had spent a good 20 minutes in the bathroom crying, I was missing my first class but I didn't care "Maybe we should go check your house Ash, he could be back there" Calum suggested, he was sitting on the bathroom floor while I had my head in his lap and Michael was sat across from us and he kept giving me sad looks "yeah um that could be a good idea" why hadn't I thought of that before? I sniffled and lifted myself up from Calum's lap and we all began walking out of the school hoping a teacher wouldn't notice that were ditching for the day.

"Okay guys check everywhere" I instructed while opening my front door. Michael and Calum nodded before shuffling upstairs, I'm guessing that meant I would be taking the downstairs area "Luke!" I yelled hoping my boyfriend would hear me calling and show up and pull me in to his embrace, that's all I needed right now.

I couldn't find him at all in the downstairs area so I decided to go down to the basement, as soon as I opened the door I got the chills, this was where Luke was murdered. I reached the bottom of the stairs and the lights started to flicker, I think it just had to do with the fact that no one had been down here in years, my mom was even to scared to go in it. The basement was musty and had a sour smell like Luke described in his story. I was quite scared knowing this was the place my boyfriend was murdered. "Luke??" I called out quietly walking around the corners of the dim lit basement. I sighed and started heading back towards the stairs knowing that look being down here was probably impossible. As I began walking up the stairs I swear I felt my sweatshirt get tugged. I turned around on the step and scanned the area....no one. I shrugged and headed upstairs not thinking much of it. "Did you guys find him or anything?" I asked Michael and Calum who were walking towards me "no Ash we're really sorry but I'm sure he'll show up" Calum reassured me. "Would you guys stay with me? I don't think I can handle being alone without Luke right now" I tugged on my sweatshirt sleeve and looked at my feet, I could feel the familiar sense of hot tears forming in my eyes. "Of course" Calum nodded. "I'll go get the snacks and we can pig out in the living room!" Michael bounced "is the only thing you think about food?" I shouted after my green haired friend "don't judge me!" he said pulling a bag of chips from the cupboard. Calum and I shook our heads and walked towards the living room, there were stil quite a few hours left until Lauren and Harry got home from school so we could just chill until then. I sat down on the couch to wait for Michael who was still getting food and for Calum who just went to the bathroom. I sighed and put my head in my lap, I wanted Luke back, I don't have a clue where he went, but if he wasn't back soon I was going to lose it

"You okay there Ash?" I just snapped out of my thoughts by a voice, but it wasn't Michael or Calum...I looked up and was face to face with a smiling Luke "Oh my god Luke!" I yelled pouncing on my boyfriend and pulling him in to my arms "I thought I lost you" I was beginning to cry again, god I'm such a girl "It's okay Ash i'm here, I'm never leaving you" Luke mumbled. "Oh my god Luke you're back!" Michael interrupted and then Calum came running in "dude what the fuck happened to you?! Ashton nearly sobbed an ocean" Calum stated and I smacked his arm playfully. Luke chuckled "I'm really not too sure actually" I pulled myself from his grip and looked at him "I just felt really weak and I disappeared and then everything was black and I ended up back here a few minutes ago, maybe it has to do with the fact that i've been going out more, I don't think I'm supposed to do that much, because that has never happened to me before" "ooooh rebel ghost" Michael said shoving chips in his mouth, I don't understand how he could eat some much and not be the size of a house. "I thought you left me forever Luke" I grabbed his hand in mine and gave him a sad look "don't worry Ash, that's never going to happen" he smiled and gave me a quick kiss "Ick go get a room" Michael rolled his eyes and I chuckled "well why don't you and Calum get a room" I shot back and looked at Calum who had a look of shock in his eyes "what?! uh-no..Me and Michael we're not a thing, no i'm not even gay!" Calum blushed and looked over at Michael who had the same shocked ad awkward expression "mhmmm sure you're not" I stuck my tongue out at the two boys who continued to sit there awkwardly.

2 hours later Michael and Calum decided they were leaving "We're going to my house see you later guys" Calum said "don't forget you use a condom!" I shouted at them as they walked towards the street "I could say the same for you!" Michael shouted back "You didn't deny that you and Calum are having sex!" I laughed and Michael looked at Calum who shook his head and continued walking. "They'll be together soon" I said shutting the door and looking at my boyfriend "I agree with you there babe" Luke replied "babe?" I raised my eyebrow "yeah um sorry if you don't like it i won't call you-" I cut him off with a kiss "I love it" I said quietly looking in to my boyfriend's eyes.

"I wish I was able to take you on an actual date" Luke said, we were now laying on the couch watching an episode of Friends. "Don't worry about it Lukey" I cuddled more in to Luke "No I mean it, I thnk I'm going to try to plan one, but obviously we won't be leaving the house" Luke smirked and I laughed "that's fine with me." "Ashton?" Luke asked "yeah?" I looked curiously at him "you remember that unfinished business thing you mentioned?" I nodded "well I want to try to figure out what it is for me, I mean if that's okay with you? Maybe we could find my parents and I could talk to them some how, I think that's part of the reason I'm still here, I need to fix things with them." I stared at Luke kind of unsure what to say, I wanted to find out what Luke's unfinished business is just as much as him and help him solve his issues with his parents but, as soon as we find it out he'll be gone forever, and he said he never would leave me...unless there was a way I could be with him forever, and there was it was quite simple actually and I could choose any day to do it. "Uh yeah we can definately work on that" I nodded and Luke's face lit up "thank you so much!" He kissed my cheek and pulled me in for one of his amazing hugs. I nuzzled my face in to him feeling a sense of regret and guilt for lying to Luke, I would try to put off this unfinished business thing with him for as long as I could, until I'm officially with Luke so then we won't ever have to solve it, we'll be together, happy for all eternity.

Uh oh Ashton really wants to be with Luke officially. Hmm I had to have some Malum ;) haha! This is sucky as all hell and short I'm very sorry omg. I kinda just wanted to get a chapter out quickly. But thank you all so SO SOOOO much for all your responses and votes it makes me very happy and I just can't believe any one actually reads this :') don't forget to comment and vote as usual love youuuuuuu (60 votes, 30 comments maybe??)

p.s. do you guys want smut in this story??? I'm unsure because I've never wrote it before and I'm quite nervous but if you guys want it i'll try my best at some point xx