Break Up Pt. 3

"How do you know that?" You asked your now... ex girlfriend... "How could you say something like that?!"

You were beyond hurt. Beyond angry. Everything just ached. You had no idea what to do but you just wanted to scream. To yell out all the things you were feeling even thought you couldn't comprehend them yourself.

"Y/N/N," Sofia looked like she wanted to move back towards you, but couldn't. "You know full well that I can't let my career—"

"This isn't about your career!" You yelled. "This is about us! We're more important aren't we?!"

Sofia didn't know how to answer. She'd said she in many interviews that she had no time in her career for someone. Then she met you and told you it all changed. How could she say you weren't more important? It'd been so long that neither of you could really think about not being together. You were always together even before you started dating.

"Well?" You asked, searching her face for an answer she couldn't say. You saw nothing but sadness and regret.

"Y/N, I love you," she wiped her cheeks. "I don't want your career messed up either—"

"My life will be messed up if you go through with this! What about all the things we've been through? All those long phone calls while you were across the country? What about all the dates we've been on? All the 'I love you's' and promises we made to each other?!"

She couldn't look you in the eyes. You didn't know what hurt worse. Her not being brave enough to look at you or the fact that she wasn't speaking. How could she do this? How could you accept it?

You reached into your hoodie pocket. You pulled out a pencil length box and held it to her. She raised her eyebrow and you opened it. Her mouth opened slightly as she looked at the beautiful necklace that had a half heart shaped pendant. Then she noticed it matched the one around your neck. As much as it hurt you wearing it now you couldn't take it off. You'd kept it hidden under your shirt mostly so you wouldn't give it away.

You weren't a big fan of rings so you preferred necklaces or bracelets. Your and Sofia's three years was coming up and you wanted to get her something special. So you got matching necklaces instead of a promise ring. She'd talked about getting you both some but changed her mind when you told her you weren't much for rings.

"I would be giving you this a month from now," you took in a breath. "I guess it doesn't matter now, huh?"

"It's beautiful but Y/N, I can't—"

"I can't keep it either," you took it out the box and stepped towards her. You handed her the box and walked around her, moving her hair and carefully clasping the chain around her neck.

She turned to face you, grabbing your cheeks and kissing you. Once again that feeling rose in both your stomachs. That weird feeling of regret and relief. You both put everything you couldn't say into the kiss, causing it to quickly heat up and soon you had Sofia against the side of your car.

"Sof," you pulled back enough to speak. "We shouldn't be—"

"No, we probably shouldn't," she agreed. "But we both need it."

You stared at each other for a moment. You couldn't read each other's expressions. The warmth radiated from your bodies and yet you still felt cold. You were in each other's arms but still felt alone. Even kissing her felt different. It was almost as if you were kissing different people.

It was like you both knew you'd already lost each other...

You finally pulled away, both your lips slightly swollen from kissing and your cheeks flushed. You knew you couldn't let yourself keep dwelling in what relief this brought you. It'll hurt worse later on, you told yourself.

"Y/N," Sofia stood up from how she'd been leaning on your car. "Please come in, we can talk—"

"I really should be home," you sighed and waited for her to move from in front of your car door. "You should get some sleep too."

She knew better than to keep argueing with you. Even though she was internally yelling at herself for letting this happen. She had made a huge mistake and she was definitely paying for it.

So, reluctantly, she moved out of the way, watching with fresh tears forming as you drove off without another word... and without another look...

~the next day~

"So, Sofia," the interviewer asked. "How are you and Y/N doing?"

Sofia felt her stomach flip. She'd been hoping that she wouldn't be asked that and if she was she couldn't come up with an answer. Rumors were bound to speculate so she had to put on a smile and laugh.

"Uh well," Sofia began, not knowing where she would go with this. "When you feel so passionately for someone and you know they feel the same, it's hard to not be happy..."

"I'm gonna pretend to ignore the slight saddens I think I heard," the interviewer said

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I'm gonna pretend to ignore the slight saddens I think I heard," the interviewer said.

"Okay," Sofia laughed and did her best to put on a happy face.

She felt that no matter her response the sadness was inevitable, her fans were bound to notice anyway. She was basically stuck no matter what she did.

"Next question..."

Sofia did her best to focus and get through the interview. When it was over she'd never felt so drained.

"Sofia?" Her mother went over to her and geeked her forehead and cheeks. "You seem exhausted, what's wrong?"

"Y/N and I—" Sofia stopped herself, realizing this wasn't the her best place to talk about it. "I'll tell you later mom."

You had watched the interview when Twitter started blowing up. Most people took Sofia's side and you were honestly fine with it. You were happy she had such loyal fans... even if they were loving your relationship less than 24 hours ago.

You didn't know what to tweet out so you didn't. You would simply wait for Sofia to respond knowing she would feel obligated to. She ended up doing exactly that.

sofiacarson: a chapter has ended but my story isn't over 💙

Wow, you thought. Just like that? "A chapter has ended" is all she has to say. I should have expected as much...

Her fans instantly had her words of support while some came much angrier responses... Sofia quickly shut those down and thanked her fans.

"Y/N?" Your best friend walked up to you. "Put that down, we've got work to do."

You looked at them and smiled, putting your phone in your bag and following her, hoping you could forget about all the chaos in your life.

A/N: idk if this lived up to what you guys expected but I hope so...... expect a "Makeup" part soon!! 

Sofia Carson Imagines/Preferencesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें