Chapter 1

"She's beautiful. Just like her mother." Scrooge said softly, tears welling up in his eyes;  cooing over the small duckling Goldie held in her arms. He kissed Goldie's forehead as he saw tears stream down her eyes as well, which was pretty rare. Scrooge began to stroke the ducklings cheek.

"Believe me. Labor was hard and then she just hatches ten minutes later. She's going to be a handful." she said, sniffing.

"Well what do we name her?" Scrooge said.

"Goldie?" she suggested.

"Absolutely not!" Scrooge said.

"Well do you have anything better sourdough?!"

Scrooge took a hard, long look at his daughter. Her hair was white and was like in the shape of his whiskers, all fanned out and it looked like no matter how hard they try to comb it, it wouldn't stay still. She opened her eyes, they were exactly like Goldie's but had a softer forte to it.

"Opal..." he said softly.

"Opal?" she asked.

"Yes. It was me mother's middle name." he said softly. "Plus Opal has to be connected to a jewel or something like that."

Goldie looked at their daughter and nodded.

Scrooge grabbed a necklace from his pocket that was his number one dime.

"You're going to give Opal your number one dime!?" Goldie asked.

He shook his head. "No. At least not yet. Ah'm giving a small decoy of it to her." He began to go to a small lever on the dime and it popped open. Two small pictures, one that was Goldie and the other was Scrooge were on each side.

"A memory of her mama and papa." he whispered.
------------------------------------------------------
"Well who's going to watch her while we mine?" Goldie asked, putting down Opal as the little girl began to crawl.

"Ae have ta mine first! It's my claim!" Scrooge argued.

"I can't take care of her that well just yet! Remember what she did last time we both went to the saloon for a minute and the next she was covered in flour! Come on Scroogey! Just this once!"

Opal couldn't hear anything else from her mother or father. She saw a pretty little light.

Her eyes began to glow bright as stars as she began to go near it. She began to crawl towards it as her parents both bickered and complained to each other.

As she crawled in, something in the elevator snapped as she went down with light and supplies.

"Opal!" Scrooge and Goldie both yelled as they heard the elevator snap and didn't see Opal anywhere.

"Quick! Pull the rope and get her back up here!" Goldie yelled as Scrooge sprinted towards the elevator.

Scrooge got a hold of one rope and made a knot at the top. He began to pull to make it stop.

Down where Opal was, she was laughing and giggling at how fast she was going, like a roller coaster with no end. It wasn't until gravity stopped and where she was, there was an opening. She began to crawl out of the elevator and the shaft went up.

"Bye bye." she waved as she began to crawl down deeper towards the deep mines.

Scrooge and Goldie both pulled as they felt the elevator rise up and saw their supplies but, no Opal anywhere.

Goldie became angry. "You lost her! Again!"

"Ae didn't do anything wrong! It's yours for yellin'!" he yelled.

"You lost our daughter Scrooge!"

"Wouldn't have happened if you weren't blaming me!"

They both got near each other and tried to hit and punch each other but they both heard a small, faint giggle down the shaft and near the mines.

"Opal!" the said in unison as they both went into the elevator. There was not enough room for the both of them. Here goes a ride again.

"Ugh! Your on my knee!"

"Well your on me foot Goldie!"

"Shut up I hear something."

They heard small faint giggling noises as they headed down deeper. As they came up.towards an opening, they saw Opal crawling towards something.

"Opal get back here!" Goldie yelled as she tried to reach her daughter.

Scrooge sighed. "When is that little girl going to learn about this life?"

Goldie followed Opal to a small gold nugget as she saw, Opal was teething on it.

"Well we know one thing, she's a good gold miner for one day." Goldie said, picking up Opal and swinging her on her hip.

"Aye that is." Scrooge said as he rubbed his daughter's head. Though no gold was found that day, they did have Opal.

A/N: I decided to do a small story about Opal McDuck. If she was ever to be the daughter of Scrooge and Goldie, I hope she could become canon to the show.