Chapter 6

Opal was hit back by gravity as they hit two trees and almost a bus.

"Does he always do that!?" she screamed.

Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby nodded. They casually sat like everything was normal but they had three layers of seat belts.

"I just takes time to get used to! Believe me once you get used to it, the better!"Dewey hollered as they got another tree hit.

It took two hours of driving of terror until they reached a small dust town. It was more than 80 degrees and a tumbleweed tumbled by.

Opal got out of the car and a gust of wind came to her face. The wind came down to her skirt so she pulled it down more. The air was warm and cool but made her cough as well.

Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby got out and went next to Opal.

"So this is Dawson." Opal said wistfully.

"Yup. The place of the 1897 Gold Rush. Place where your mother and father met." Webby said, showing her around.

"So Scrooge could be most likely with Goldie here but where?" Louie said.

They heard loud yelling and banging everywhere from two places down the general store. They followed it to see a grand place, size of a large house. The sign said "Blackjack Ballroom.''

"Well this must be the place." Huey said, peering at the sign.

Opal's hands fidgeted. This was it. She was finally going to see her parents after a long time.

Her thoughts were broken after more yelling. What if they didn't remember her? What if they were a lot different from when she was a child? What if she was different? What if they didn't love her anymore?

Dewey sensed Opal's fear. "Dude, don't worry. Though I'm rare being shy to meeting new people, I sometimes have a twinge of fear but don't worry. They'll love you. Like who doesn't like their own daughter?"

Dewey paused for a nanosecond, thinking about his mother but pushed it aside. Not now. Maybe later.

Opal smiled. "Ya really think?"

Dewey nodded. "Positive."

She took a small breath and entered the door slowly. The Ballroom was full of people but they were the noise they heard.

"Guys, ye should stay here, ah can't risk you guys in here." she said.

They nodded but they were going to just stay here and not know about the fate of their cousin.

"Guy's lets go to the back. Maybe we can get the details there." Dewey said.

"If there's one reason I'm going there is because I'm going to get a photo of all of this." Louie said, holding his phone up.

"We can hide inside near that crate." Huey pointed. They ran and ducked behind the crate.

"Remember guys. Total silence. Nobody should know we're here. Including you Webby." Dewey said.
------------------------------------------------------
Opal walked through the ballroom. The taste of food and whiskey was everywhere and it wasn't the ballroom. It was the people here.

"Hey pretty lady? Wanna drink?"

"Hey beautiful, take a seat!"

"Wanna hang out?"

A drink? A seat? Beautiful? How can people say stuff like that when she isn't very pretty herself? She wasn't very used to flattery due to being called ugly and stuck in a girl's home.