Chapter 5

Opal fell silent. These two people.... Her parents she meant, are still alive.

"So me mama and papa live here?" she asked, softly.

"Well your papa only does. Your mama is a huge story for later. They love each other but they can't stand each other." Webby does.

"Oooooo! Scrooge has a daughter!" Dewey cooed.

"Dewey we just settled it seconds ago." Huey said, rolling his eyes at his younger brother.

Opal stood up and looked at the quartet.

"So ya four are me cousins?" she said.

"No just the boys. They're Scrooge's sister, Hortense, grandchildren. I'm just Webby."

Opal looked at them and looked around. This mansion seemed pretty big.

"By any chance there's a room Ah could use. Ah need time for meself." she asked.

Louie nodded and pointed towards the staircase. "Turn right up the stairs and it'll be the fourth on your left."

Opal went up the stairs and to the fourth room on her left. It was small and quaint with a bed with a white spread and gold lining. The walls were white as well with the curtains being silk and colored gold.

Opal closed the door and sat on the bed. Her head ached as it tried to take it all. She's in 2018, her parents are alive, she's the daughter of the richest duck in the world and she has cousins who wouldn't shut up.

She opened her necklace and saw Scrooge and Goldie inside. Like she arrived in a new century, the necklace did too. It seemed like Grace never had broken the glass at all. It was patched and brand new.

She sighed softly as she began to let everything sink in.

I'm Opal McDuck
------------------------------------------------------
As she exited the room, she hung the necklace over her neck. Out of nowhere, Webby began to bomb her with questions.

"How did it feel like being Scrooge's daughter? Are you ever going to meet them? Did you inherit your mother's ability to tie knots because she's really good how...."

"Woah Webs chill! You're going to scare Opal half to death!" Louie said, placing a hand over her beak.

"Plus she just got here and just found out!" Huey added.

"But she's a McDuck! I have to know a few things about her!" Webby protested.

Opal smiled. "That's fine Huey. Just Ah want to ask a small question though."

Huey nodded. "Ask away."

"Where is Scrooge? Ah'm hoping to see him soon. Maybe he might
.."

"Remember you?" Dewey finished. "It looked like he was in pain when we found out. We left him alone and he was crying softly so he has to remember you."

"Wow. Er thank ya?" she said.

"Well to answer that question, he left for Dawson." Webby said. "He just said he wanted to talk with someone."

"And that some one is Goldie!"

"Okay first of all, why are ya making fun of yer uncle like that? It's not like it's important." Opal said.

"Opal, dear, sweet sweet Opal," Louie said, standing next to her. "If you understood your parent's love story, you could join us."

"So back where we left off. Webby said Scrooge is in Dawson. Maybe that picture must have triggered something in his memory." Dewey said.

"Maybe?" Opal said.

"Was he there by any chance when you were taken away?" Huey asked.

Now that Opal thought about it, that memory was very faded that she doesn't remember it much but screams for her mother. She remembered hearing Goldie say "He's out of the picture."

"No. Ah don't have an early memory of my papa." she said quietly.

They stood.silent.for a minute. She didn't know him well because she was taken by her mother. As she tried to think deeper, she remembered a small glimpse of a warm sunny day in Dawson. She was probably eight months and saw herself being picked up by her father and being twirled around. The Earth was spinning. They only stopped because Goldie planted a small kiss on Scrooge's cheek and he melted. They laugh and enjoyed the day.

"Wait. Ah do." she told them.the memory and how she vividly remembered it.

"So Scrooge did that to you?" Webby asked, jotting doing everything in her "diary"

"Yes." Opal said.

"Webby what are you doing?" Huey asked.

Webby shut the journal tightly. "Oh nothing important." she said, dropping her pencil.

They rolled their eyes as they set back to Opal.

"So do you want to wait for Scrooge or..." but Dewey was cut off.

"Ah want to see the both of them. Ah might as well head fer Dawson for a small trip. Do ya know anyone who can take me there?" Opal asked.

The four looked at each other smugly. "You might want to bring a helmet in case."

A/N: Yes! They're heading for Dawson!