Chapter 2

Goldie managed to get her legs unstuck from the glacier as she saw Opal for the first time (not thawed) in five years.

She wasn't the little infant who was mischievous and followed her parents everywhere. She was now a little girl of five years old who definitely looks a lot like the both of them and didn't know another home besides this cave.

"Mama?" Opal said as she embraced her mother.

Goldie nodded as she saw Scrooge sticking out his hand for help. They both heard a roar from an end of the cave.

Goldie stopped the embrace as she looked at Scrooge. She merely shrugged as she blew him a kiss. She carried Opal out of the cave.

All Opal saw was that her father's eyes weld up in tears as he was left there, just to die. Opal reached her hand for him.

She didn't know this was her last time seeing him.
------------------------------------------------------
"She's beautiful. Just like her mother."

That sentence that Scrooge said about Opal, haunted Goldie.

Yes Opal did look like Goldie in many ways but, Opal was looking more like Scrooge.

Opal inherited her father's accent which drove Goldie mad internally. Whenever Opal spoke, Goldie thinks she is talking with Scrooge instead of her own daughter.

That wasn't all. Whenever Goldie tried to brush Opal's hair, it would never straighten. No matter what. It would always be the bushy like whiskers her father had.

Business was rough after the Gold Rush. Not many people came by to stay. Usually just for a week and then leave.

Goldie cleaned the table as she saw Opal. Opal was looking fresh in a new white shirt with a red dress over the shirt and a red bow with her necklace that Scrooge gave her, and with two small rag dolls.

She smiled but frowned. Opal deserved better. She began thinking of selling the saloon and moving to a booming city like Duckburg or maybe Saint Canard to give Opal a better chance. Even better, to escape domestic life for once, take her on adventures, gather some treasure to save the saloon.

She was interrupted by screams of laughter as she saw Opal twirling around with the two dolls. She laughed as well. She missed being a child as well.

"Mama look!" Opal said as she showed the dolls to Goldie. One doll had pretty blonde hair with green button eyes, which wore a red satin gown. The other wore a fedora with a red and brown coat and had black button eyes.

"They wanna dance! Come play!" Goldie smiled as she picked up Opal and danced with her. She whirled her in the air for a few seconds.

Scrooge did this with her.

She plopped Opal down again. "Ah wanna do that again please!" Opal's eyes pleaded like whenever Goldie wanted something as well.

"Not now. Just give me a moment to fix something and then we'll see."

The little girl nodded and went off to play with her dolls.

The door opened and came in three men, looking neat and like they meant business.

"May I help you?" Goldie asked as she plopped a tray down.

"Miss O'Gilt I presume?" One said, firmly.

Goldie went back queasy. "Yes?" What did she do this time!?

The second man sat down in a chair and began to take out a small doll and gave it to Opal. Opal gladly took it and played with the new doll, along with her other dolls.