𝟏.𝟏 ☾

Odette had left New Orleans, a place in which she was ready to call home

Odette had left New Orleans, a place in which she was ready to call home. The brunette left behind her family, only to run towards the only family she has known since the beginning. It wasn't easy leaving New Orleans, but she had to or else she would have gone mad. Of course, that doesn't mean that Odette wasn't going mad on her way to Colorado. Odette had days in which all she felt a hand reach into her heart and squish it only to let go of it and then take a hold of it once again. When Odette closes her hazel eyes she sees her baby being ripped away from her arms by the witches, then in a flash the scene changes. She is in the cemetery and Genevieve is holding a knife above her baby, only for her to actually drop it. Odette knew that her baby was out there somewhere safe but there was no way for her to change the images running through her head or make them disappear other than by turning into a wolf.

Odette was a hybrid now and the only advantage of becoming one is that she could turn into a wolf whenever she wanted to. Odette decided that she was going to walk to Colorado instead of hot-wiring a car or compelling someone poor worker to give her something. Especially since Odette had yet to control everything about her new abilities, walking was the best. Odette would rest in the trees or sometimes she would stop by some motel and break-in, like old times. When it came to eating Odette had no desire for real food which was troublesome since she finished the blood bags she packed on the first day. The only real trouble she had has been controlling her emotions, which is why Odette liked traveling in her wolf form it made her feel free.

Odette knocks on the door of the house which she had grown up in, knowing that the only person home was the one she wanted to speak with. Odette looks out into the street while playing with the necklace around my neck worried about the reaction she was going to receive when the door opens. Once Odette hears the door being unlocked she turns to face her dad, who she hadn't spoken to since she was eighteen.

"Hi dad" Odette in shock not actually believing that he was standing in front of her. Ever since Odette had left home she had kept trying to convince herself that her family was dead to her, that it was best if she forgot about them. As she stands in front of her dad, Odette felt like a kid all over again. She felt like a little girl going to her parent because she had gotten hurt and Odette's heightened emotions weren't helping her situation.

"Odette" Aaron, her dad, replies in a neutral tone making Odette worry that he was masking his anger towards her. He was always one of the few people that she could never learn how to read.

"Can I come in?" Odette asks knowing that now being part vampire she needed his permission and she also needed to know if he wanted her to come in, especially after the last time that they had seen each other

"Yes," Aaron says as he moves to open the door wider still not giving her a hint as to how he was feeling. But since Odette knew her dad he was probably confused and most likely hurt.

"Dad I need you to say it," Odette says worried about what his reaction would be when she tells him what she is, what his daughter has become.

"Come in," He says confused, and so Odette walks past him. Once Odette walks past the foyer and is standing in the living room she looks around the room, reminiscing. Not much had changed other than there were a new couch and some new curtains. Odette walks over to the fireplace and looks at the new photos that were in their frames. On the mantel, there was only one photo of Odette and her dad on display.